Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Having Trouible With Rob's Email Server?
It's just not working for me. Any advice?

Un Mojado Sin Licencia
Un Mojado Sin Licencia
Hasn't worked for a while
She passed on to that great network in the sky.
I haven't tried for awhile. However, they way I used it in the past was to email using his forum and then look in your mail for the bounce back telling you that it didn't work. The correct address for the intended recipient could be found in the details of that message. You then copy that address and use it directly in your own email program. I hope that still works and helps.

Edit: Sorry, it no longer works.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
I have experience with installing and running online forums, what happens is that over the years the server gets upgraded to a point where the older forum software is no longer compatible with the newer sendmail (or whatever is being used) server settings. There is "usually" a way to change the settings in the forum admin panel to make the email work again. In some other instances that isn't possible and an admin has to get involved, and that isn't always free. This Snitz forum software is pretty old-school but its great for smaller online communities and the smaller footprint and lack of bells and whistles makes it fairly stable so it can go a long time without being updated. Newer forum software requires constant updating, tinkering, and babysitting. They really are a pain to administer.
Out of curiosity, was PW down earlier, or was it on my end?

Community begins with Aloha

It was offline for me as well...

"Out of curiosity, was PW down earlier, or was it on my end?"..........

I received a message on my monitor that it was temporarily down.
It was down most of the day..

..What would King Kamehameha do..
There's a website that can tell you if a website is down or if it's just you...
http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/

><(((*< ... ><(("< ... ><('< ... >o>