Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Home Invasion - Search for Suspects
Oneself, there is also a perspective here that might not fit most images of Hawaii...more in the line of Appalachia & the well known Hatfields & McCoys. Here is in line with the Lewis & Maugas (this happened at Puhi Bay 6yrs ago at a birthday...but the issues that were simmering for years before still simmer):
http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/articl...25037.html

I really doubt that a gunshot will end all of what is going on here... it hasn't worked here all that well, nor in other areas... remember this is a very small area, and you will be known by people all around this island...
Carey, guess it might be best to be known as the guy with nothing worth stealing.
I agree with Carey. America is the most heavily armed nation in the world, and yet homeowners with guns have not managed to kill all the burglars yet. And the crooks who get shot and killed don't put a scare into the remaining thieves so they pause and think, "Hmmm... maybe I should find another line of work.

If it hasn't happened yet, I wouldn't hold my breath hoping it will ever happen. Evey guy with a gun thinks he's going to shoot a burglar, and every burglar thinks it can't happen to him.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
FishinJim, THAT'S IT!...

'course when they made our older car into a busted up Puna special...well, that took one more thing off the list!

Kinda odd that our front gate & camera system prob. are the most valuable things we have! (the gate was so doggy could not dismantle it in a bored afternoon as she had with the other gate....nice expensive taste for a doggy!)
quote:
Originally posted by Oneself

So sad.

Typically this is the part I say "Should have had a gun"..but I don't see just any elderly man wielding a pistol safely.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if this house had a gate ?

are you kidding? If they are able to open a can of beans, you can aim a pistol and pull the trigger. Case solved and the would be next victims saved from a horrible event perhaps resulting in a worse outcome.

Police will never be able to immediately arrive to help. Criminals are obviously becoming more and more bold, will do what they want with you and be gone before the cops show up. Gun ownership is really about taking personal responsibility for the health and safety of those around you. And being able to defend yourself, You never take a knife to a gunfight. These punks were armed and needed an armed response.
Here we go again ... Another wannabe bringing guns in + be loud mouth about it. ... Anyone want to bet the criminal gets the guns before they get 'used' by the (original) owner for "protection" ?

That was awesome.
I always sleep with my car's keychain remote emergency button alarm (or panic button). If I'm in the house sleeping and hear someone breaking in....one button push and the whole neighborhood is awake and looking at my place. Probably a little extreme...but effective
I utilize a private security firm that hires teams of ninja. The ninja tip-toe silently across my corrugated steel roof. I know they circle the perimeter and are equipped with infrared goggles. I paid extra to have a series of zip-lines set up in the ohia trees surrounding my lot for ease of egress and ingress in case of burglary. The speed at which the ninja can surround and intercept any potential thieves is unparalleled due to the state of the art zip-line transportation system. After a thieve has been subdued the ninja generally work them over with nunchaku while waiting for the authorities to transfer custody of the criminal(s) before they release their (friends/family) back into the general public to continue terrorizing honest folk.

Luckily I have the ninja plan grandfathered to the original sale price upon purchase and enjoy almost a 50% discount on their currently required commission. So, sorry to say if you would like to enjoy the same security I am privledged to, then you may be subject to substantially higher rates.

Aloha mai kakou
rainyjim's solution is good if you can get that discount on services as he does, or can pony up for the full retail price. I've had to make do with the poor man's substitute:

I unspool old cassettes and run the shiny tape between the ohia and norfolk trees in my yard to simulate zip lines, then bought a sign on eBay that says, "Property Protected by Shaolin Monks." It's worked so far.

One question on your ninja service plan rainyjim; any repeat offenders so far?
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves