Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crew Needed for Documentation of Wrecked WII Plane
quote:
Originally posted by rainyjim

Clearly because others haven't done this or can't you would be insane to try. You need to go back inside your square and turn your tv on before you really hurt yourself or worse startle someone else with your fiendish new ideas.

actually.. in this instance especially... to not listen to the caution being given.. and with at least a little humility seek the advice of the kapuna of the area.. who have kindly stepped forward and made themselves available.. would be one seriously big pile of disrespect.. on par with screwing around with pele.. and probably with similar results... imho
For those only interested in snipping at me, I ask you to stop reading now and find somewhere else to take your frustration on, or at least stop your attempt to pose your own limits on mine. For those interested in possibly joining me, or just being updated in the progress, I invited you to stick around. I'm in touch with Dave. I'm meeting with him soon to acquire the right paper work, and discuss the access plan and determine our environmental impact and awareness. The my new plans date is -everything according to plan.- is between the 10th and 14th of July.- i need to hear from SERIOUS POTENTIAL PARTICIPANTS ONLY. I need to meet with you within the next month to have you sign the appropriate paper work. I have one partner in. I need one more, two MAX. I repeat, SERIOUS POTENTIAL PARTICIPANTS ONLY! (No more nay saying please. I've done trips equal to this, (and likely more difficult.) and like to think i am enough if a professional to know when to turn back. I have nothing less than total respect for this valley, and will always exercise decent stewardship skills.

"It's not about the destination, it's about the journey."
This population appears to be quite risk averse. Just go for it and keep us posted on the progress. You could get killed crossing the street. You may as well follow your dreams!
Too bad you can't take one of those Google Earth cams! A GoPro camera would work though.

Can't wait to see the pix!

Yes, I am bringing a go pro. My buddy is also bringing a fancy Nikon camera. There will be loads o pictures to document both the bird, and the journey. I do appreciate all the support I'm receiving, it reminds me of all the good still left in our world. I even appreciate all of you who say "Nay" and "it's impossible." I feel much more accomplished knowing this takes a certain sized set of cojones.

quote:
Originally posted by Birchrus01

I feel much more accomplished knowing this takes a certain sized set of cojones. -a trait obviously not all of us share...
hey! no worries.. you got da biggest brah!
Good luck! I'm looking forward to seeing the photos.

I think some people find it hard to believe that anyone could plan a trip to a place without a Cinnabon or a Pizza Hut at their destination.

"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
"I feel much more accomplished knowing this takes a certain sized set of cojones. "

Or an underdeveloped frontal cortex of the brain.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
The technical term is "balls-to-brains ratio".
It's not a matter of risk aversion, sniping, "imposing limits", or comparing the size of each other's genitals. I've been to all five Big Island summits, had to lower myself down the side of a 600-foot near vertical valley wall in Kohala, and spend most of my days working in the wao akua, and I couldn't care less if you're more accomplished at that sort of thing than I am, like the guy who recently did all five summits in one 12-day trek.

It's a matter of respect for the land, for all the living things that inhabit it, and the people who work tirelessly to protect it.

You've mentioned contacting Dave and acquiring paperwork. You will also need to contact Nick Agorastos at Division of Forestry and Wildlife, and Melora Purell at the Kohala Watershed Partnership.