Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2a rights in Hawaii and politicians
When will we see a good sense legislation on the legislature floor where folks who are given prescription medications that effect their emotional/mental state are immediately audited for firearms and if found to possess them, they are taken away? That's a form of legitimate gun control legislation. All the other stuff is nothing more than an infringement and does absolutely nothing to protect the public. Keeping guns out of the hands of people who are not mentally stable is how we protect the people.
The Pahoa Village Leaders should approve packing open heat, with call outs and shoot outs. It would be a real tourist attraction, like a Universal Studios tour, except with real bullets and no stunt men. It would really maximize Pahoa as the Wild West. As long as the duels are done with aloha, it is all pono.

"We come in peace!" - First thing said by missionaries and extraterrestrials
*Japanese tourist on bus through Pahoa, "Is this still America?*
I worship the Constitution and despise those wimpy amendments. Under the Constitution I could have slaves and carry a bazooka while shopping at Maku'u Farmers Market. Let freedumb ring!
It seems I sometimes get deleted when posting on these topics.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Does the 1st Amendment only apply to hand operated printing presses and woodblock illustrations?
What is the point of your question?
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
I may be mistaken but I'm thinking the reference is to the belief espoused by many that the 2nd amendment applies only to firearms in use at the time of the writing of he constitution. The suggestion is that if the 2nd only applies to the technology of that day then the 1st also only applies to the technology of that day. I doubt that's a belief held by many.

I tried to infer similarly in a previous post but was deleted. I may not have been as eloquent. My reply, although not specifically Puna or Hawaii related was intended to clarify what I believed was an erroneous statement in a previous post by another poster. Well, at least my point was that the technology referred to in a post advocating stricter controls was already heavily restricted and there was no need for further restrictions of a technology already, for the most part, out of public hands.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Keep it Hawaii related and you're okay. That doesn't mean by the most narrow of definitions. Some topics had devolved to simply discussing firearms. If you just want to discuss firearms there are lots of site to do so.... but not here.

Punaweb moderator

Punaweb moderator
Having lived mostly in rural areas and having to actually defend my life and property, the need to take care of things on your own dictates a certain level of safety and security. And Puna is no different. Help can be a long time away from coming and certain situations call for being able to protect yourself from harm.

What level that may be determined to be is different for everyone, but the perceived lack of one's need shouldn't dictate that of another.

While Hawaii's gun laws are some of the strictest in the nation, I don't feel any particular danger of anyone "taking my guns away" in a legislative sense. As for mental checks, Hawaii is one of the few states that require a written mental clearance from your doctor to get a permit.