Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HVO maps 9/5/2014
I think it's fair to say that the blue lines suggest the most likely flow direction, but not the definite direction of the future flow. So many things can still happen, for instance if the flow gets into one of those creek beds it could get blocked and then go off in an entirely different direction. Use them as a guide to probabilities, not what will definitely happen.
Dr. Jim suggested the flow line crossed Pahoa in the Thursday night presentation video. For folks in Hawaiian Beaches/Shores, this trajectory also seems to cross Kahakai Blvd. Of course, who knows how it will actually happen.
Can someone explain those red lines at the end of the current flow? Previous maps have shown colored in areas where the lava has covered, but these red lines seem different. Is the lava moving in all those directions at once or did somebody forget to color in between the red lines. It's probably not important, but I'm curious.
So, what do punaweb readers think of all this speculation about the flow? Does it make you nervous and anxious or are people taking it in stride to think that they will be a little part of history of our archipelago?
I see they've just been posted, but they're over 30 hours old still. The threat level went from warning to watch this morning. Does anyone know what's has been happening today (last 12 hours)?
Or IF it will happen. It may just stop. I think that happened in the past, when it was advancing on Hilo.
Chunkster,
The westernmost lobe of those 3 lobes is now dropping into another crack. I think they just forgot to fill in the color, they don't usually put out daily maps, so things may be rushed.

Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
Agree, Carol, when you want to get information out as quickly as possible little details get overlooked because they are seen as a lower priority. But I was curious about the squiggles as well when I looked at the map.
Thanks, Carol and TomK. I thought that might be the case.
The new maps added today also are dated wrong. Today is the 5th not the 4th and the Alert Level should be Warning, not back to a Watch.

These guys must be getting tired and not sleeping all that much.