Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New shopping Center Progress
Haven't seen much going on with the new shopping center in Pahoa. Rumor has it that KTA pulled out of the negotiations. That makes two times for Puna, as some of you may recall the last proposal for KTA in Orchidland a few years back.

So that probably leaves the negotiations to Safeway. With Lava on its way, could it be that the project is now in a holding pattern?
I thought they had to put most stages of construction on hold until the roundabout was done.

Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
They have to put any roadway work on hold, but are free to do prep work on the site.
But they can't get a permit of occupancy until the road is done, so would not do any significantly expensive work, like buildings, until the state at least had started the required roadwork. Otherwise, they could build a shopping center, only to have the state pull the roundabout project for some mysterious reason that makes sense only to Oahu pencil pushers, and be stuck with an unusable development.

Carol

Polish Proverb
Carol

Polish Proverb
Tru dat!
Shopping center, roundabout, KTA...

The whole thing sounds like we're only going in circles.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
how many accidents do they need to at that intersection?

At least put in a "temporary light" until they figure out what to do in the future. Every other day it seems there is an accident there.

-------------------------
To email me click on Link http://is.gd/QMfVEX
quote:
Originally posted by HereOnThePrimalEdge

Shopping center, roundabout, KTA...

The whole thing sounds like we're only going in circles.

You forgot, a lava flow puts a straight hash mark through it all.

"We come in peace!" - First thing said by missionaries and extraterrestrials
*Japanese tourist on bus through Pahoa, "Is this still America?*