Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Island Circus Fined $50,000 by DLNR
Kalakoa quote:"I also find it "ironic" that USDA granted money to an organization that was already being investigated by DLNR -- why, it's as if the various agencies don't compare notes."

I am glad you brought up the $25,000 the USDA gave to Hawaii Volcano circus to set up an EBT (food stamp) program for SPACE Market. Now that there is NO SPACE market where is the EBT machine?
It was the packaging of SB2274 that was sleazy and offensive

I consider this a legitimate complaint; note how it doesn't misrepresent the bill content.

you just ignore county permits, state land laws, rental ripoffs

Many people in "rural Hawaii" have been doing exactly this for years, so let's blame the people who admit that it's going on.

How do you know that the County was going to put it in the ordinance

Periodic inspection/review is stipulated in SB2274. (We will probably never know what County might have actually included in the ordinance.)
I was under the impression that SB2274 did not become law. So why still kick it about?
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Now that there is NO SPACE market where is the EBT machine?

Who cares? I thought the Primary Mission Objective was to get "those people" out of your quiet country lifestyle....

Rob Tucker quote:
"I was under the impression that SB2274 did not become law. So why still kick it about?"

Glad you asked that question Rob. As we speak, one of Graham Ellis's clan, (I think her name is Michelle), is working closely with Russell Ruderman to resurrect a bill similar to sb2274. Only it will be run thru Oahu Representative Chris Lee in his Energy Committee because Senator Ruderman is NOT faring well with his colleagues and knows that he couldn't pass anything but gas at this point.

The people who represent us should be law makers NOT law breakers.
The people who represent us should be law makers NOT law breakers.

Weren't all the "private ag subdivisions" created illegally in the first place?
kalakoa quote:"Now that there is NO SPACE market where is the EBT machine?

Who cares?"

Obviously someone cares because it has been reported that the EBT machine is still being used and abused. Some people have reported that while they were living at Belly Acres they were required to get EBT (food stamps) and hand it over to Graham Ellis/Hawaii Volcano Circus/Belly Acres/Village Green Society, who would then use the EBT machine to swipe it and then they even get a percentage of that back for running the program. As the holder of the EBT machine you get a cut every time it is used.
Obviously someone cares because it has been reported that the EBT machine is still being used and abused.

Sounds like you have your work cut out for you then. Why don't you get right on this fraud investigation, and post frequent updates to this thread. I expect swift justice.
kalakoa quote:
"Sounds like you have your work cut out for you then. Why don't you get right on this fraud investigation, and post frequent updates to this thread. I expect swift justice."

There are already people working on it. Not us but others. Don't shoot the messenger.
There are already people working on it. Not us but others.

Good to hear. Now, any chance those "other people" will actually do something about real issues? A $25K EBT grant is peanuts compared to the County scams...