Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waikiki restaurant suggestions?
I am going to Honolulu for a training at the Judiciary center tomorrow. They are putting us up at the Kahanamoku Beach end of Waikiki and I am looking for suggestions for a place to eat dinner within walking distance of the Hilton Beach Resorts, I am staying near there. I like good fresh salads, fresh seafood, good beef, Italian, Greek or Szechuan Chinese, prefer a nice atmosphere, but I've had some amazing food in some pretty funky hole in the wall places.

Can anyone give me some clues? Last time I was there I ended up in a sports bar by default for an overpriced burger, so I really don't want to just wander the streets looking for a good place to eat again.

Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
The Chart House is next door at the Ala Wai Harbor, great seafood and salads at the marina within walking distance of the Hilton.

http://charthousewaikiki.com
Red Lobster..... I know it's a chain restaurant but they had surprising good food, quick servicel and reasonable prices. Their coconut shrimp was extraordinary. And the bar drinks were delicious. Right next to the Chart House and Outback Steakhouse
I recall a very good thai restaurant that is right on the corner across from the Hilton Hawaiian Village.
Catch the bus to the Aloha Tower ... nicest atmosphere in the city and plenty choices ono food
http://www.alohatower.com/aloha-tower-ma...ce-dining/
No clue on where to eat, but safe travels!

Best wishes
Best wishes
By all means, Morton's

I agree with James. Whenever I'm in Honolulu/Waikiki I invariably end up at Gordon Biersch. Good beer and decent food and a nice atmosphere. You can get there via the bus from Waikiki hotels and if you take a taxi it's about $10 but probably less to the Hilton.

As to Waikiki itself, have to admit I've yet to find a place that I really like and many places are horribly over-priced and crowded.
gag, all of 'ethnic' Waikiki, an you guys fly to lables you know like zombie moths ....

Carol,

Pick your side street and go the the place with a higher ratio ....

aloha,
pog