Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creep Steals Girl's Heart Money
Bill, I agree. Yet these two stealing a jar of money meant for someone in such need does not seem like rational thinking. Heard many horror stories about drug behavior, some may steal from parents and or loved ones. I admit personally I have no clue how these hard drugs affect ones daily thoughts or decisions, thankfully. Some folks spend a lifetime trying to quit alcohol or tobacco, so maybe these harder drugs addictions require more help at times. This guy on film stealing is probably not wanting help as his 31 priors may show, yet the woman looks lost in life and may need or be willing to help. Where do folks addicted on hard drugs get help here in pahoa or Puna?.
quote:
Originally posted by pahoated

Hawaii needs a state deportation program, 3 strikes, one way ticket back to the mainland nearest relative town, name put on no entry list.

i'd add:

No three strikes for meth related offenses, those people should be immediately deported no questions asked.

Where will people who have family here, not the mainland, go?

And in general how do we get other states to accept our low life's?

On the other side:

We should probably be dealing with this problem not just shipping off vagrants and expecting it to go away.

No doubt lots of low life's fly in and no doubt lots of low life's born and raised here.

Regardless I would like these types removed from society but how do you do that?

Can't just off them and can't just make them someone else's problem. It's a sticky situation and probably can't be fixed with a plane ticket alone.

I think the realist perspective would be try our hardest to keep the next generations from becoming social degenerates and wait for these types to die off as time passes.

Although having to live with them in the mean time may seem terrible you could view it as a kind of penance borne from previous sins or sins of the father...depending on your age.

I think the only way to truly dea with the problem is to raise our children with greater empathy for the community at large rather than just their own family/friends.

When someone falls everyone should reach out a hand to help them up. Until we can start thinking like this there will always be strife and a lack of equality.
Really hope the sweet 8 year old gets the help she needs, although it too may have to be off island. I called a few clinics in the bay area, some charge up to $30,000 dollars. Usually a 12 step system is in place and duration depends but average is 14-21 day stays. Wow I guess folks in the bay area can afford such clinics cause family and friends help pay majority of said costs there from my understanding. Apparently other drugs are offered at some of these clinics to replace such urges like (methadone). Again Puna does have some bad drug problems, some say its getting worse, so where are the clinics to help the ones who realize life is short and want help?
sounds like a new topic.

Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
If they have bothered to sign up for HMSA/QUEST (aka Medicaid) they would be covered for treatment. With no obvious jobs or income, they would be qualified.
quote:
Originally posted by leilanidude

If they have bothered to sign up for HMSA/QUEST (aka Medicaid) they would be covered for treatment. With no obvious jobs or income, they would be qualified.

Addicts and low life scum are generally not too plugged into the news and government mandates. Having a way to cover the cost of treatment is only half the battle, there is a severe shortage of places for drug rehab and alcohol addiction treatment nationally, with many, many people on waiting list. I highly doubt Hawaii is any better than anywhere else for access to treatment. That said, these guys remind me of an old bumper sticker: "Tweakers Suck!"
I bet they have EBT cards... and the staff in Hilo push all of the available programs upon everyone who applies.
Many thieves have EBT. Many don't.

I'm thinking those without are probably more successful as thieves.

a wee bit ironic when a theft in the news deemed to be of a despicable nature transforms those who are outraged to frothily express themselves in a despicable nature.
I heard on the news last night that thousands in donations have poured in for the little girl.
Funny how sometimes despicable acts can force a positive outcome.
One Thing I can always be sure of is that things will never go as expected.