Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawaiian acres roads/community association
Berry - We left a large bag of opala just for you,as of this afternoon at 7pm it is still there.
It is on Road E between 1 and 7 on the hamakua side of road,well away from the grader or traffic but also extremely visible .
We also have left all opala on Rd D from 1 to 3,so since others in this community drive this road daily,they can pick it up them selves,which they have not.
Berry,the only gravel on E is 2 loads in 2 half years from 8 to 6 in the last 2 months from last years funds with a ton or two left over above Rd 6 on E.
Seems to us,that some one on the HARC board either lives on 6 and E or eats regularly at the pizza shop and local hang out talk stories gossip party station and wanted a smoother access to their pizza dinner.
We helped feed over 900 families and individuals today at Cooper Center,if you had bothered to attend,you would of met us,we give out the baked goods.Today was pecan pies and locally sourced pecans and pumpkin pies and also banana bread and avo bread,both with pecans and not walnuts.The avo's we sourced at the Wood Valley Tibetan ashram and they are all blessed by the resident Tibetan Monks.Beautiful large organic butter avo's .
You might want to Google cooper center on wright road to see for yourself,what we continue to offer our upper puna community.
On saturday we are helping at 3 churches from Mtn View to Kurtistown on meals and food pantries,see you there berry,Come meet us and our church family.
If a troll is your way of saying thank you,then it is certainly welcome.If it has negative connotations,please keep them to yourself.
Mrs.Mimosa
Barry wrote:

"could you do us a favor and tell everyone EXACTLY where these unpassable roads are located,, ? PLEASE ! we had
thought that we had driven every single road the other day Feb. 12 and 13 ,, from one to eleven and even that new cut thru the pasture land for rd. 2 and b we think ,and of course we drove all the lettered roads on the 13th and for the life of me I cant find a single place that was impassable to small cars and ambulances
"

Then it's:

"i had to drive out on 10 road and was almost swallowed up by what i thought was a sink hole only to realize that the road is sooo bad it took 4 wheel to continue driving out. it was about 2 miles of treacherous bad road.".

Barry has made the decision to avoid quoting people so everything looks as though it's his own words, so given that, I'd like to know why the roads were at first drivable but not anymore.

Thanks.
quote:
Originally posted by TomK

Barry wrote:

"could you do us a favor and tell everyone EXACTLY where these unpassable roads are located,, ? PLEASE ! we had
thought that we had driven every single road the other day Feb. 12 and 13 ,, from one to eleven and even that new cut thru the pasture land for rd. 2 and b we think ,and of course we drove all the lettered roads on the 13th and for the life of me I cant find a single place that was impassable to small cars and ambulances
"

Then it's:

"i had to drive out on 10 road and was almost swallowed up by what i thought was a sink hole only to realize that the road is sooo bad it took 4 wheel to continue driving out. it was about 2 miles of treacherous bad road.".

Barry has made the decision to avoid quoting people so everything looks as though it's his own words, so given that, I'd like to know why the roads were at first drivable but not anymore.

Thanks.

"i had to drive out on 10 road and was almost swallowed up by what i thought was a sink hole only to realize that the road is sooo bad it took 4 wheel to continue driving out. it was about 2 miles of treacherous bad road." TomK, this is justthelies, complaining how hard it is to drive these roads. then she added a bit later how she has a super SUV and for the life of me I cannot figure out how she has trouble with C rd. I drive that stretch regularly in a ford fiesta with no problem! This woman is all about complaint and lies with no back up. Her opinion is her own, very very few other people in our community talk with her, listen to her, want to be around her. I do not believe a word she says about HACA, HARC, or the roads because of so much bull..hit out of her mouth. She has tried to set herself up as some kine super authority here. She is not. I have been driving these roads for 27 years and will say again: i will take my small car almost anywhere in the Acres. I knew when I bought my lot that the roads were unimproved and major improvement was not gonna happen. That said, people who do there own road work, purchase their own material, or pay into our non-profit to do that for us are what this community is all about. We are the do-it-your-selfers, not sit-back-and-complainers!
HACA/HARC has pictures of nice roads and road work on their facebook page, perhaps the detractors should take pictures of the bad sections as evidence.

The word "bad" is quite subjective and "bad road" could mean anything. I've been on roads in HA that I consider "bad" but are quite passable with a sedan. Sure, there were some ominous scraping noises, but no real damage to the vehicle other than a few scrape marks on the splash pan. This was "bad" enough that I didn't want to buy on that particular road, especially since it wasn't potholes that could be filled in, but outcroppings of rock. I've driven and walked the roads of the subdivisions from HA to FF and none were really impassable.

While entertaining in a sad way, I think this thread could do without the personal attacks. Don't call people crazy, let them call attention to it themselves. If you want to be seen as the rational person with a reasonable position, lead by example like most people here do.

Just call me Mike
Me ka ha`aha`a,
Mike
quote:
Originally posted by Mimosa

Berry,the only gravel on E is 2 loads in 2 half years from 8 to 6 in the last 2 months from last years funds with a ton or two left over above Rd 6 on E.
Seems to us,that some one on the HARC board either lives on 6 and E or eats regularly at the pizza shop and local hang out talk stories gossip party station and wanted a smoother access to their pizza dinner.

Oh my gosh! You're telling us that the Road Corporation did road maintenance with money from last year? That's just crazy! That money should probably just sit a savings account and build interest, nevermind the roads! And where does the HARC board get off living on a street? Seriously. They could live anywhere but they choose to live on the very streets that we all drive. The gall!

And pizza! Don't even get me started on pizza!
Kazoo! Kazoo! I need you!
Laurie you are sounding like an obnoxious bully indowed with all the exzact quality's you complain about JF having. Its over the top ! Would you please knock it off.
We are the do-it-your-selfers, not sit-back-and-complainers!

You do all the complaining yourself?
What are you talking about ? You know, since you seem to think you know me and Laurie seems to know JF I do not understand why it is nessesary to expose everyone reading to a bunch of personal attacks. Opinions are one thing but why, if you have an personal issue with someone you know don't you take it up with them in person ? Rather than this name calling and swearing nonsence.
My dog is named Road and every time I read these posts out loud to my Macaw he cowers in the corner ("No Road; I'm not talking about you; you're a good Road"). Could you folks either refer to your roads as "substandard" or just fix them and quibble over chickens?

Other than that, this thread is absolutely the bossest internet phenomenon since that gangham style guy. Keep up the good work and endless supply of chuckles for my Parrot and self.
mike the roads are for the record "bad" i drive in and out every single day last year i spent $1800.00 on wheel and undercarriage repair on my car , and another $600.00 rods repaired on another car and my truck $675.00 repair the truck is not driven everyday. everyday driving kills your car and i am not even going there on a minor under scraping . my road has not seen any repairs for over 2 years .
laurie , last i heard of lived in hilo keaukaha , she is mad as a hornet because i invited the county prosecutor to a road meeting and he looked at her and said you need an audit . she had been the sole bookkeeper for HACA and HARC for 10 years . she resigned her job shortly after that meeting .
true i dont visit much with neighbors , only by phone i work almost everyday of the week and am very involved in many community events either volunteer or as a participant .
the Pizza place i have heard about somebody in the upper acres selling pizza out of their house , seems kinda funny to me what they set up a kiosk or something ??