Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
modular homes
has anyone heard about modular homes being built in hawaii now? I thought they were not accepted by building codes even though they have improved over the years

A few years ago there was supposedly a company selling or taking orders for these modular homes. I thought it was great and too good to be true! I figured WIOW! A cheap way of having a home. Just like the ones I seen in Seattle that I thought were great! My understanding is that the local construction industry strong armed them out of business as it would take home builders to bad place! I believe this could have happened. It would be the greatest thing here in hawaii to have such a business here. Very profitable indeed nd would definitely be a tool for people to afford housing. So it is possible that this did happen and I can see why it would happen. Locals would get worried about the home building industry. We need a company like this out here. Ihope some day it becomes a reallity. It costs too much to ship such an item to hawaii or it would be a good possibility/ That would of been my direction if this company was in business here. I would not be in debt for what it costs to build house Im living in and would cost about half the price. So I realkly doubt such a business could survive out here as they would be run off the island.

frank battaglia