Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We Support TMT - Please sign the petition
Here's that petition again, in case anyone hasn't signed it yet:

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/wesupporttmt.html

The ant-telescope people are getting more and more desperate in their attempts to stop science.
Now it's imaginary cancer-curing bugs, apart from the usual violent threats.

Sorry, gypsy69, not good enough. Please try again.
Breath in, breath out. Ted your numbers, facts, and assumptions are not helping. The bug has to come down the mountain to feed on the snowfrost edges. Also thought Maunakea was slightly under 14,000 feet, well maybe not with the addition of the thirty meter telescopes to come. The environmental changes and added tourism or visitors you write of are mostly due to the observatories allowances and funds, jmo.
The Wekiu bug is a candidate for listing as Threatened under the Endangered Species Act.

Actually getting ESA protection for the bug would throw a serious wrench into TMT.
I thought you thought MK was 40% above the atmosphere, that puts it at 140 miles high. Surely no bugs live there?

Ah, now I understand about the confusion, that would indeed be visible from Canada.
I'm glad to see we're not limiting ourselves to discussions between armchair volcanologists, astrophysicists, and meteorologists any longer.

It's good to see the barcalounger entomologists finally come out of the woodwork.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
quote:
Originally posted by PaulW

Gypsy69, please apologize for your violent threats before you post more of your inane comments. Thank you.

So I wasn't the only one to see his threat to kick TomK's ass before it was quickly edited away? And then later he says good morning as though that makes it all better. Well given his standards of logic maybe it does, to him.
A few reasons why maunakea or white mountain is worth protecting. White mountain is the tallest mountain in the world, standing proud at over 6.2 miles high. She\he is 1,000,000 years young with evidence of three different glacial ice dating back in time over 300,000 years. Maybe dozing and walking every step of her summit crushes the homes of many hosts or is killing her sensitive wind aided environment?

J.M.O here: Seems that outer world science trumps science at home, or at least is better funded by our military defense dept and its already crushed partners.
quote:
Originally posted by gypsy69

A few reasons why maunakea or white mountain is worth protecting. White mountain is the tallest mountain in the world, standing proud at over 6.2 miles high. She\he is 1,000,000 years young with evidence of three different glacial ice dating back in time over 300,000 years. Maybe dozing and walking every step of her summit crushes the homes of many hosts or is killing her sensitive wind aided environment?

Why only be concerned with the summit? There's bull dozing, houses, cars, stores and banks all over Mauna Kea's lower slopes too.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Seems that outer world science trumps science at home

That's because "A new life awaits you in the Off-World colonies. The chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!*"

*Blade Runner
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
quote:
Originally posted by HereOnThePrimalEdge

It's good to see the barcalounger entomologists finally come out of the woodwork.

lol HOTPE