Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We Support TMT - Please sign the petition
Not sure if this has been posted on this thread already so forgive me if it is a duplication, interesting as this topic is, I just don't have time right now to go back through all 12 pages to check. Anyway, this was forwarded to me from a friend in Nevada and seemed pertinent to the discussion.

http://www.civilbeat.com/2015/04/ian-lind-dangerous-intersection-of-social-policy-and-the-sacred/?fb_action_ids=10203924203490972&fb_action_types=og.comments

I don't know how I got over the hill without getting to the top.
I don't know how I got over the hill without getting to the top.
During oral arguments Tuesday on the same-sex marriage cases before the U.S. Supreme Court, a protester had to be restrained and ejected after shouting that a decision favoring same-sex unions would go against the Bible and call down “God’s wrath” on the court and the country.

And during the University of Hawaii Board of Regent’s session in Hilo over the weekend, an oli or chant presented by a TMT opponent reportedly warned regents that if they reached the wrong conclusion, “death shall fall upon them.”

Interesting - thanks for posting.
Thank you, Lin, an interesting read and no, don't think it was posted earlier.
As of this hour, the Protestors/Protectors have been advised by the Governor's office (today), that if this gets beyond "control", the police, from DLNR, HCPD, plus the National Guard, will be summoned.

As we watch what is going on in Baltimore (O/T, slightly), prayers for no further confrontation. (Not an exact analogy; however, these "Warriors" will not "stand down". Concerned.)

JMO.
good luck with all that
Opihikao,

"As of this hour, the Protestors/Protectors have been advised by the Governor's office (today), that if this gets beyond "control", the police, from DLNR, HCPD, plus the National Guard, will be summoned."

If true, this is rather disturbing news. I've not witnessed anything so far that would require the National Guard to become involved. I'm truly shocked if this is accurate.
I've yet to find anything online that mentions the possibility of the National Guard potentially being called out with respect to the TMT protestors. Maybe something will appear Saturday, but am a little skeptical right now. A link to the source of this story would be helpful.
wrong dakine. by holding tmt hostage nobody is listening to anything else. you want more self determination? get it on the ballot or lobby your political representation. but to keep blockading the mountain says one thing and one thing only you are anti science anti progress and come off like a bunch of spoiled brats.

you asked the question would it be that bad to live in a world with the Hawaiian Kingdom in it? well per my friend uncle Sam in Kalapana the Hawaiian Kingdom never left and is still here. So my answer is I thought I was already living with the Hawaiian Kingdom. Its just now the vocal minority amongst you want to be in charge overnight just because they have learned abouth civil disobedience.

civil disobedience is a tool to start a discussion or to raise awareness. to seal the deal however you need a legislative vehicle for everone to vote on.

all your keikis energy and all your elders wisdom is for naught if you fail to engage the american political process. not apology statements or OHA comments but something on the ballot or its all just a bunch of hot air.

quote:
Originally posted by TomK

Opihikao,

"As of this hour, the Protestors/Protectors have been advised by the Governor's office (today), that if this gets beyond "control", the police, from DLNR, HCPD, plus the National Guard, will be summoned."

If true, this is rather disturbing news. I've not witnessed anything so far that would require the National Guard to become involved. I'm truly shocked if this is accurate.

It is disturbing, Mr. Tom. Mike McCartney, Chief of Staff, for Gov. Ige, stated this in a meeting with protestors yesterday. It was stated in the context of "worse case scenerio".

JMO.
Just the way things work. You want something done in Hawaii, or anywhere else in the world the locals will try to milk it for everything they can. Even after there is an agreement, if they decide they can get more out of it they will kick up a fuss until it pays.

The only source of western cash in some places, exploited ... you don't usually feel sorry for the oil companies.

Now if we really want 'revenge' we'll cancel the TMT all together.

It may be best for all. Many Hawaiians seriously need a diet .... AND THEY KNOW IT.
***Still can't figure out how to spell 'car' correctly***