Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seat belt ticket in Pahoa
Driving through Pahoa by NAPA and the cop in the parking lot pulls me over and cites me for not wearing my seat belt. It's true but what's with the sudden concern for my safety at 10 mph in Pahoa town? I seriously thought he was joking. Is there a new quota system in town or something? Cops bored, not enough methheads to bust this week?
You lucked out, it's National Click It Or Ticket Week!

http://www.nhtsa.gov/nhtsa/ciot/index.html
Friend of mine got a ticket in downtown Hilo. He was pulled over as he was putting his belt on while rolling out of a parking lot.

* ALOHA *
quote:
Originally posted by PaulW

You lucked out, it's National Click It Or Ticket Week!

http://www.nhtsa.gov/nhtsa/ciot/index.html

Well then, for $102 I shoulda at least got a balloon or a lollipop with that ticket! Wink
Look at it this way;
The County is paying you $102 to wear your seat belt.
quote:
Originally posted by snorkle

Look at it this way;
The County is paying you $102 to wear your seat belt.

I look at it more like this: the seat belt is mostly there to conserve the county's resources. Eg Wear your seat belt and there's less chance of needing ambulances, doctors, hospital, rehabilitative care etc.

But I wear mine when needed. On the highway, going over 30 mph etc. The chances of significant injury going 10 - 20 mph in town with hardly any cross traffic are minimal.

Also makes no logical sense to require a seat belt in a steel enclosed car when you can ride a motorcycle wo a helmet or ride in a truck box with no restraint. Definite logic flaw in those gaps.
"But I wear mine when needed."

Now that's funny! I drive the speed limit when I need to.
This happens to many daily .Not just those on PW.
You don't need to wear a seat belt if you sit in the back of a pickup truck, so that's your best way around the law and avoid a Click it Ticket.
Simply extend your steering wheel, gas and brake pedals all the way into the bed of your pickup, and there'll be no more big government infringements on your safety and well being.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
The chances of significant injury going 10 - 20 mph in town with hardly any cross traffic are minimal.

Regulations (especially traffic) aren't about personal judgement.

you can ride a motorcycle wo a helmet

Then do so. Please.