Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We Support TMT - Please sign the petition
County government is sacred, to county workers.

Doesn't County provide more than 50% of the local employment?

ali'i envy?

my right pinky finger, Kamanamana iki da Great, stay royalty. i respectfully demand my Kingdom back.

ETA: + JMO.
FYI: (*Snipped - More at link; incl. schedule) This is good!

http://www.bigislandvideonews.com/2015/0...r-hamakua/

The Hilo-Hamakua Community Development Corporation is hoping to bring the community together to talk about a highly divisive issue: the Thirty Meter Telescope on Mauna Kea. Starting on Tuesday, HHCDC will present the first in a series of four events presenting both sides of the Thirty Meter Telescope debate, called “TMT & Maunakea: Common Ground”.

This is not so good:

(*Snipped - More at link)

OTTAWA, CANADA – A war crimes complaint was filed on Wednesday in Canada in connection with the planned Thirty Meter Telescope project on Mauna Kea. The Hawaiian Kingdom blog reported that Kaho‘okahi Kanuha, a spokesperson for the Ku Kia’i Mauna movement that is blocking TMT from the summit of the sacred mountain, hand delivered the complaint, which was drafted by his attorney Dexter Kai’ama. Kanuha was accompanied by Dr. Keanu Sai, who drafted a detailed War Crimes Report at the request of Kai’ama.

http://www.bigislandvideonews.com/2015/0...M5a3n.dpuf

"Dr." Keanu Sai is using the protestors/protectors for his own agenda. Young ones need to be "maka'ala" (alert/aware). Mr. Kai'ama is a good man, however, this kind of manipulation by Keanu Sai is very disturbing.

As to credibility (in my mind) this man, Kaleikoa Kaeo, who is a Professor at the UH Maui of Hawaiian Studies, has more "mana" and facts, without standing on circumstance. (*A couple links below for perusal):

Here he is, giving OHA (who deserves it) a mouthful, on point:

http://hectordela.valuehost.ru/1,UnWabew...-Mauna-Kea

(The entire dissertation here below)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2PIGoC7pCc

Mr. Kaeo is so well versed, and well spoken (even in his pidgeon English, don't let that fool you), that his words resonate with the "masses". He states:

"No consent, no title, no treaty, no TMT".

This is what TMT/UH/BLNR/State of Hawaii, etc. is up against, not just the likes of Walter Ritte. (For the record, he doesn't have "common ground" in mind; nor do I agree with his entire dissertation, however effective.)

This is one example why I believe TMT is NOT the main issue, but a very large platform (Mauna Kea/Mauna a Wakea) for reparation from the USA for the overthrow of the Hawaiian Kingdom.

JMO.

quote:
Originally posted by dakine

Thanks for posting all that opihikao, and for keeping vigil.

*"A'ale pilikia", dakine.

All Hawai'i stand together. With great hope. Lokahi, kuleana, and aloha aina. That is our charge, as we trust others have the same goals. TMT has made their promise, as have many. We (my ohana) trust promises made, promises kept.

All Hawai'i Stand Together - Liko Martin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV5qNZox4T8

Yes, JMO.

*Note: Not a typo; "a'ale" (not "a'ole"), was the old style, which I miss.

Opihikao,

"All Hawai'i stand together. With great hope. Lokahi, kuleana, and aloha aina. That is our charge, as we trust others have the same goals. TMT has made their promise, as have many. We (my ohana) trust promises made, promises kept."

I have been thoroughly impressed with your posts about the current situation regarding the TMT and have the greatest and most sincerest respect for your opinions. I've learned an awful lot from you, for which I am truly grateful.

However, I do want to make one point. There are two sides with opposite views negotiating with each other. On one hand, the TMT project has gone through all legal processes and has done everything asked of them, including reaching out to the local community. On the other hand, many who support the TMT now feel that the goal post have moved, and in fact keep moving depending on which group you talk to.

To expect promises to be kept by the TMT is the right attitude and I'm in complete agreement with that, but those supporting the TMT should expect the same thing from those against it, and right now those "promises" are a mix of genuine concerns, misunderstandings and outrageous misinformation and some outright lies.

I hope a more consistent approach from those against the TMT on Mauna Kea will come and then maybe everyone can move on from there.
Aloha ahiahi, Mr. Tom. Again, this is not just about the TMT, Sir. That is the problem for TMT. This is another catalyst (for lack of a better word) for the overthrow of the Hawaiian Kingdom/Nation; HUGE platform on an international level, at this point.

I just hope no "deflated balls" are part of the equation. (ie. Super Bowl, and New England Patriots. For the love of God!)

Mai po'ina ole (never forget), our Kupuna (not just mine, but all people from all countries), nor our promises made. This statement includes the protestors/protectors of which are also held to a high standard (in my book, perhaps others may wane in that aspect).

Honor (credibility, integrity, etc.) at stake.

ETA: For clarity, and one little freaking typo. [Smile]
JMO.
Unfortunately I'm bound to reality in this matter and it's not sourced from any culture though I'll borrow a small descriptive term used by many cultures when attempting to explain that which they don't understand.

This whole planet we call Earth is all sacred and represents the ONLY umbilical cord of OUR humanity and all those things that live upon and within it. The proof of this becomes apparent through those who would be so bold as to STEP into space without the very portions of sustenance this planet offers them. Such a life would cease without the sustenance this planet AFFORDS them unceasingly.
When Humanity has overcome its need for this factual umbilical cord, then they will have attained an ultimate true UNDERSTANDING. In the meanwhile, an unceasing endeavor to gain understanding through the applicable restraints of former understandings should not be restrained by anyone except those who can stand in space alone without the sustenance this or another planet affords them and survive intact and unharmed.
No-one here on this island or upon this planet has yet to STEP FORWARD and provide such unquestionable ability and therefore no-one has the credibility, integrity or honor to question through use of inapplicable beliefs Humanities endeavor to understand. Those who would, only prove themselves as adversaries to Humanity and lack all honor, integrity and credibility.

That is unescapable fact.
Good morning Opihikao and others, Deflated footballs gets Tom and the patriots 4 games worth of suspensions, two lost draft picks, and much much more to come. Love the commish who wants to keep the integrity of the game while trying to keep the playing field equal. Tom had admitted a few years back that he preferred a deflated football for grip purposes. Like steroids though their are multiple purposes for using them, most people see the muscle difference when the athlete using them the athlete taking them notices the biggest difference with the recovery time and improved eye sight? The Superbowl champs never lost a fumble at home all year as a deflated football is much easier to hold on to by running backs and recievers than an inflated one, turnovers kill.

Later I will try to explain what all this has to do with this topic thread, got to go run around green mountain this morning.
And really, who are we to say what another person's truth should be?

Hypatia was a philosopher and mathematician who lived in Alexandria, Egypt around 350-400 AD. At one time she was the librarian at the Library of Alexandria, the greatest collection of books in the ancient world. The library was burned during her tenure.

I don't believe she would have questioned another person's truth, but she did note:

Fables should be taught as fables, myths as myths, and miracles as poetic fantasies.
To teach superstitions as truths is a most terrible thing.
The child's mind accepts and believes them, and only through great pain and perhaps tragedy can he be relieved of them in later years.

She is thought to have solved the mystery of planetary orbits 1200 years before Kepler, but most of what she discovered was lost when a mob killed her and destroyed her works. Likely for voicing statements such as the one above, which did not go over well with the growing Christian community in Alexandria at the time.

"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Dakine,
Please share with us an example of opposing truth as in "another persons truth" vs. "your truth".
When you discover the inherent flaw in your thought process there, you will have advanced one step further in understanding that process.

Truths cannot be self opposing. Opinions/Beliefs not fully grounded in facts can be opposing.