Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I now own a cat house. Help!
quote:
Originally posted by dayna

quote:
Originally posted by Punatic007

You are wrong MarkP. The landlord is legally responsible for any inherited pets. Neglect as in "scaring them away" which was his first course of action with all the complaints he vented here, is a crime. Just because you see feral cats does not mean it's ok or legal to chase them into other people's property to search for food and shelter. Shame on you both.

He has the legal responsibility to feed, water and capture, then turn over to a sanctuary or the humane society.

HA! So I have the legal responsibility to feed, water and capture feral pigs? Feral Mongoose? Feral Dogs? Feral pigeons? Feral chickens? Feral goats and sheep?!

Seriously? I think not. If an animal wanders onto and off of your property and is not confined it is NOT your responsibility.

Dayna

www.E-Z-Caps.com

So much love you do NOT have for others, Dayna and terracore. Yes it's all about you and your utmost convenience, why waste time educating yourselves on the torturous plight of abandoned cats in Puna. Carry on...surely there is something narcissistic you can find to immerse yourselves in.
Aloha,
Thank you for calling me but upon trying (many attempts) to return your call, my phone would not connect and left me with a puzzling message. Today I called Mobi (my phone carrier) and they said your area code is considered an international call where other carriers do not charge extra, Mobi does. Could you send me an email message to owlit1@gmail.com, or send a text message to my phone (808) 769-1128 when would be the best time/day to reach you, as I could borrow another phone that works fine with your area code. I would like to come out to your place and see how our organization Hui Pono Holoholona can assist.
Mahalo, and apologize for the delay.

quote:
Originally posted by PunaLover

My last tenant is gone and took a few of her cats with her. Unfortunately there are about 15 to 20 left that want to come in the house and when they can't they hang around outside leaving their waste and smell all over the lanai. Scaring them off doesn't work.

I called Humane Society. They said I can rent a cat trap for $50 deposit and trap them and bring them in one at a time. Holy cow, I only have a few days til I gotta go off island, and 400 miles of driving back and forth for 20 strays is insane. This would take days even if I got five traps as they are pretty skittish.

So how the heck do I get rid of them? They've torn up the house screens when they get in the house and then scramble to get out, they left waste in the house, dug their claws into the window trim on the way out, it's getting ridiculous. And the renter was evicted so no chance of responsibility for any of this fiasco.

"So much love you do NOT have for others, Dayna and terracore. Yes it's all about you and your utmost convenience, why waste time educating yourselves on the torturous plight of abandoned cats in Puna. Carry on...surely there is something narcissistic you can find to immerse yourselves in."

I think its great that you are willing to do something positive about the feral cat problem and I hope you make some progress.

It's easy to get emotional about causes that one believes in. Personally, I use my energy to assist those causes directly instead of using it to sling insults on an online forum, but if insulting me helps your cause, then keep the insults coming.

"I now own a cat house. Help!"
Call Billy, I'm sure he still has room on the County Credit card for a little additional slap and tickle.