Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rental agent in HPP?
Looking for a rental for my mom in lower hpp. Does anyone know of any or an agent that handles?
Day-Lum 935-4152 handles our property in upper HPP. We have had good luck with them for several years. Erin Schaefer will probably be your contact.

Allen
Finally in HPP
Allen
Finally in HPP
Try BJ Mullinex
Jordan Property management. Very good reputation.

Just call me Mike
Me ka ha`aha`a,
Mike
Day-Lum made be good for landlords, but they use dubious practices for potential renters. For example, they run ads for desirable rentals at very affordable prices, then charge a hefty "application fee" and after the potential tenant has filled out the paperwork and paid Day-Lum the fee, they claim the place the renter is interested in is rented, but continue to advertise it for weeks more.

I don't know if Ginoza rents outside of Hilo but we had a great experience with them for several years. Right on it with repairs, always gave the legal notice if they needed to come in, and returned our deposit promptly.
Ginoza does not rent in HPP any more. We also had good experience with Carol G. but she moved out of HPP several years ago.

Allen
Finally in HPP
Allen
Finally in HPP
quote:
Originally posted by shockwave rider

Day-Lum made be good for landlords, but they use dubious practices for potential renters. For example, they run ads for desirable rentals at very affordable prices, then charge a hefty "application fee" and after the potential tenant has filled out the paperwork and paid Day-Lum the fee, they claim the place the renter is interested in is rented, but continue to advertise it for weeks more.

I don't know if Ginoza rents outside of Hilo but we had a great experience with them for several years. Right on it with repairs, always gave the legal notice if they needed to come in, and returned our deposit promptly.

I agree with you on Daylum. I rented a house in HPP that had a lot of minor defiencies, but they wouldn't have them fixed. But after the owner decided to move into the house at the end of my lease, they started doing a lot of upgrades while I lived there because the owner could claim them as a business expense. Pressure washing, painting the roof, new sinks, plumbing repairs, etc. I finally refused to let workers into the property when they wanted to cut down a lot of giant albezia trees and tent the house for termites. I would have had chainsaws running for weeks and I would have had to stay at a hotel for the tenting. They threatened legal action and my deposit, but I was moving out of state and just didn't pay the last month's rent.
We had problems with Day Lum, too. We paid the application fee so they could run a credit check; it took them 3 days to do the check (usually it takes a few minutes), and the property was no longer available. A few weeks later, we inquired about another of their properties, and they said the application fee was expired, and we'd have to pay again. No, thanks.

><(((*< ... ><(("< ... ><('< ... >o>
Jordan Property Management is out of business. She sold to Property Professionals Hawaii.