Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TMT Work to Resume Says Ige!
dakine: Saying they recognize the conflicts that they find themselves in the middle of, have no animosity towards any party, and wish that all the issues that concern the Hawaiian community are resolved to their satisfaction.

And what "satisfaction" might that be?

Cheers,
Kirt
Kinda hard to have a "talk", then, eh?
dakine: but engage in a point by point debate about them, I'll pass

I see that.

Cheers,
Kirt
dakine: and Princesses Abigail voiced her support
Kirt: Well, then, it's all over. Unbelievable..............

While some of us may not be moved by Princess Abigail's views (myself included), she does have some sway in certain circles. If nothing else, her few hundred million dollars tends to lend some weight to causes she supports.

It's strange to me that voting is underway to elect representatives for a constitutional convention that could effect hundreds of thousands of people, millions of acres of land, and billions of dollars, but people here apparently haven`t bothering reading the candidate list, recognized major protest figures as well as OHA officials, and noticed the power struggle happening to guide this process? Whether this aha's efforts lead to federal recognition, a demand for total independance, some middle ground solution, or dissolves into irreconcilable disputes, it is history in the making and worth some attention IMHO.
Hawaiinewsnow is reporting the height of the TMT top will be at the same height as the Subaru telescope. The final site was picked partially because it is away from all cultural sites but also because it is in a dip between cinder cones. For TMT to still be at the height as Subaru, is quite massive.The site is advantageous for TMT in several ways. It is a lower infrared noise area than the peak. Some of the telescopes are being upgraded with IR sensors, and IR will be just as big for TMT as optical. The massive size has better protection against wind buffeting. If the TMT lawyer has half a brain, he will point out it is not in a cultural area or preventing access to the cultural areas, which are at the peak (no 1st amendment rights violation). He will also point out they are compliant with the Conservation Use requirements. Just have to wait and see Dec. 2, this state supreme court is behaving erratically.

"Aloha also means goodbye. Aloha!"
*Japanese tourist on bus through Pahoa, "Is this still America?*
"The site is advantageous for TMT in several ways. It is a lower infrared noise area than the peak."

What a load of completely made up nonsense. What on earth is your background in infrared astronomy that makes you think you can post such a ludicrous claim? What is the source of the higher "infrared noise" at the peak?

ETA: Added an extra question for PT to answer.
but people here apparently haven`t bothering reading the candidate list, recognized major protest figures as well as OHA officials

There are qualified, as well as unqualified candidates running in the Na'i Aupuni election. This is no different than any local county election, or statewide contest, or the current crop of candidates running for president. There are supporters of the anti TMT movement who are educated and experienced running in the election, but I have not seen anyone who could be described as a major protest figure, that is, someone who has spent weeks and months on Mauna Kea and has taken part in the rock rolling and other questionable activities that I find particularly qualified. But politics is personal and subjective, and each of us has a different idea of who we would find acceptable as a representative, so I would ask ironyak or dakine or anyone else, of the long term protest leaders on Mauna Kea, is there anyone you think would make a good delegate were they to win the election?
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Dakine wrote:

"Hey Tom, is that just plain trolling or is there something constructive in your post that I am missing?

From http://www.punaweb.org/Forum/register.asp

Trolling is not allowed. We will use the definition of trolling from Wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll . An act of trolling will be determined by the moderator(s) and may result in removal from Punaweb membership or other action as deemed appropriate by the moderator(s).

After all, you are in a great position to teach, to share your mana'o with others if you were to be so kind. I am sure plenty of people here would love to know more about what makes a good location on the mountain over a bad. Wind, light pollution, ground stability, temperature issues. I can imagine you would have a lot to share on the subject. There's surely no need to be so mean. Ted isn't being mean to you, is he?

I mean gee brah, don't you think it's worth making and effort to be kind to others once in a while?
"

I have posted the info you request several times here on PW. PT now makes an outrageously unscientific claim and you accuse me of trolling? Tell you what, why don't you provide the evidence to back up PT's claim? Can't do it? What a surprise.
So when someone posts something that is so ridiculous, I shouldn't say that their claim is ridiculous or ask for evidence that supports their claim? As for personal insults, frankly, that is your area of expertise. Do you ever wonder why people respond to your posts calling you arrogant, aggressive and condescending? There's a reason they do that.

ETA: typo
quote:
Originally posted by knieft

dakine: but engage in a point by point debate about them, I'll pass

I see that.

Cheers,
Kirt

I suspect that's why he's been a guest on the Art Bell show more than once. No need to provide evidence or debate a point there. Fascinating reading and listening this evening.