now can they de-croq the frogs?

><(((*< ... ><(("< ... ><('< ... >o>

Coquis in crocs......[Big Grin]
Puna: Our roosters crow first
quote:
Originally posted by pahoated

quote:
Originally posted by shockwave rider
Is there just one "Puna crowd" with a monolithic opinion?

Yes. It is called Punatic Paranoid Persnickety Pessimists. If you aren't one, you will be indoctrinated to become one. If you don't join, then you will be demonized. There needs to be a welcome sign entering Puna that says "Welcome to the Dark Age Revival Community".

"Aloha also means goodbye. Aloha!"

Then there are the Puna Unnatural Alliance of Thinkers and Intelligent Critiquers who are the underground resistance fighting superstition, rumors and false equivalencies with logic, science, and research from legitimate sources of information, rather than the fringes of the internet.
Do I sense a showdown between the forces of good & evil?

D.A.R.K. (Dark Age Revival Kommunity)
vs
P.U.A. T.I.C. (Puna Unnatural Alliance of Thinkers and Intelligent Critiquers) (good floral fragrance?)

Sounds exciting, but I'd still rather see GMO mosquitoes released into the existent population to eliminate dengue with gene technology. Better than repeated life long applications of DEET.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
quote:
Originally posted by HereOnThePrimalEdge

Do I sense a showdown between the forces of good & evil?

D.A.R.K. (Dark Age Revival Kommunity)
vs
P.U.A. T.I.C. (Puna Unnatural Alliance of Thinkers and Intelligent Critiquers) (good floral fragrance?)

Sounds exciting, but I'd still rather see GMO mosquitoes released into the existent population to eliminate dengue with gene technology. Better than repeated life long applications of DEET.

Eau de DEET, the new fragrance fad!
rather see GMO mosquitoes released

These would require labeling, because someone might try to eat them.

repeated life long applications of DEET

Spraying yourself with chemicals is perfectly safe, or at least safer than GMO mosquitos.

Anyway, it's all a moot point: State can't afford (or whatever) to provide DEET, they're definitely not investing the money in GMO mosquitos. Either is cheaper than eliminating tourists... which is probably fine, because who wants to come here and see the TMT not getting built? I'll bet nobody.
GMO mosquitoes ... would require labeling

Perfectly reasonable. Let's pass the Hawaii County GMO Mosquito Labeling Act of 2016. Anyone inclined to check whether the law has been implemented would never get near a potential GMO mosquito, as "Dr." Mercola has warned them they might get genetically engineered DNA injected into their arms and legs*.

* I'm enthusiastically awaiting "Dr." Mercola's explanation as to why mosquitoes which inject NATURAL mosquito DNA into their victims is acceptable, especially if their all natural and organic DNA includes some all natural and organic dengue virus.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Thanks, HOTPE, for keeping on top of this. Just the other day I popped over to a neighbor and found they had turned into a horrible human-pig-dog mutant and was curious as to how it happened. Now I know and can sleep a little easier at night.