Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
County offer?
That's assessed value not market value. Maybe you could ask an RE agent for a free valuation.
Why would the county buyout a house that is about 2.5 miles away instead of focusing on those that are the closest?

BTW, the buyout isn't about safety.
Is there a map some where showing the relocation area? Where can I find the relocation list to see if my property is on the list? We made arrangements in January to purchase in Leilani and knew nothing about the geothermal problems until I found PW.
Thanks
quote:
Originally posted by onrway

Is there a map some where showing the relocation area? Where can I find the relocation list to see if my property is on the list? We made arrangements in January to purchase in Leilani and knew nothing about the geothermal problems until I found PW.
Thanks

Have no fear. There aren't any REAL issues. I happily live within a mile.
quote:
Originally posted by leilanidude

Why would the county buyout a house that is about 2.5 miles away instead of focusing on those that are the closest?

BTW, the buyout isn't about safety.

How interesting to deny the truth and to have no regard for the well being and safety of others. I have personally witnessed that entire surrounding area being evacuated by the police due to toxic emissions from the geothermal site. It was very frightening for hundreds if not thousands of our Puna residents. Where's the humanity or is someone in the group that receives royalties from geothermal industry?
This old Trib-Herald article has some of th answers as to why so few & so long (county only had $1mil in reserve in the relocation fund in '13, with a few hundred thousand added each year (or less than a handful of houses/year purchase ability):
http://hawaiitribune-herald.com/sections...tions.html
I would tend to start REALLY questioning things if the broker has the wrong date on this notice.... that is a pretty BIG ooopsie to make...
MAKE SURE THIS BROKER IS AUTHORIZED WAYYYY BEFORE SIGNING ANYTHING!!!
More from our old paper archives:
http://hawaiitribune-herald.com/sections...tions.html

ADD: Looking at the terms, it is in the Real Estate agency benefit to get the highest $$ for property... If this offer is genuine, and you are looking to sell out - get some authentic appraisals & COUNTER the offer! (the onus is most likely on you to make sure that these appraisals are true-value appraisals...)
The Real Estate agency most likely must show the potential buyer (county) the counter-offer

@punatic007 - Basing your paranoia upon an incident in 1991, with a completely different plant and mode of operation, is fear mongering.

eta - clarity
a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

take the county offer.

haven't you been worried for years about the geothermal?

and get out of lava zone 1 while you're at it ??
Why sell for below market value when you can sell at market value and still move further away (if indeed you feel it necessary.)

Check recent data for your neighbourhood on the prices houses are selling for and how long they are on the market for before selling. Many sites, including bigislandreale.com have filters to show recent sales and houses in escrow - this data can be extremely useful in analysing what an appropriate sale price could be.

Me ka ha`aha`a,
Mike
Me ka ha`aha`a,
Mike
The county wants to secure a real estate deal in 20 days? It takes years to get a pothole filled. Whatever you do, be careful.