Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Santa's Workshop at Pahoa Elementary is ended
Aloha Punawebbers,

Our members have been very generous in the past supporting a Christmas program, Santa's Work shop, at Pahoa Elementary. I ask you to support this program again. I will be keeping this topic active through the season. You may use the Punaweb donation button at the top/right of the page. The first year I went shopping and bought about $1,000 worth of toys and clothes. Since then we determined it is best to let the teachers do the shopping as they know their students best. If you want to donate purchases and would like guidance on purchases please contact Anna <Anna_Manalo/PAHOA/HIDOE@notes.k12.hi.us .

This message came from Anna at Pahoa Elementary:

Santa's Workshop has been a great success for the past 3 years. Generous individuals and businesses donate to the cause of helping our Keiki in the Pahoa Community. Each child is given a goodie bag and a gift. Gifts such as toys, books, clothing, shoes/sandals are just some of the gifts that they receive. For many, this gift may be the only one received during the spirit of giving. Smiles, cheer, caroling are seen on their faces when they receive their gifts from Saint Nick.

Please kokua and help this tradition going.....

Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator

Punaweb moderator
Not to state the obvious (but this being Punaweb, sometimes the obvious needs to be stated...), the Donate button is at the top *right* of the page.

Rob, thanks as always for coordinating this...
Rob, I have put in my "2 cents" worth today

My challenge to all of us who have high postings here.....
Put 2 cents per post towards the Pahoa kids...

I have tried to maintain this as my posts count has grown.... if you can not afford 2 cents per each of your posts.... donate an equal amount of your talents to a local cause.
Wow, Well have have to mahalo Richard and Cary for their generous launch to our fundraiser.

Mahalo... who's next?

Punaweb moderator

Punaweb moderator
Rob, quick question please ...do you use cash like 'last resort' to get the last ( who might receive nothing ) keiki something / anything after non-monetary donations ( like toys etc . ) run out ? i mean do you just zero it out ? Buy gits and wrap ? Looking for guidance for my own endeavors here.
i want to volunteer for help wrapping and delivery, please let us all know where to .

Maybe we should talk off line .. mahalo AP

When the fundraising ends I will transfer the cash via Paypal to Anna at Pahoa Elementary. She and other teachers will do the shopping. They know best the ages and gender and interests of the kids. If you want to assist in other ways I put Anna's email address in the original post.

Punaweb moderator

Punaweb moderator
mahalo and Merry Christmas Mr. Rob.

aloha, ap
Mahalo to Tom.

That will make a lot of kids happy.

Punaweb moderator
Mahalo to John