Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayor Kenoi wants off on a technicality
"He had to know that anywhere he used the card and signed his name to it that there would be a record/trail.
He was careless and didn't think it through. Or he was a criminal.
Seems obvious to me that It was just careless."
There's another option.....I don't see him as careless. He's a lawyer, he's been on trial before. I would classify his behavior as omnipotent. Further, I haven't an ounce of respect for his staff that chose to turn a blind eye. What about those others in his administration? We need an audit.
Well then put the staff on trial too. They categorized the spending along the lines of PR work.
We're not talking about millions.
If he truly was on the take it would have been a lot more money.
One Thing I can always be sure of is that things will never go as expected.
We don't really know how much.
If the boss was doing it and the staff knew, the staff was most likely doing similar.
"He gets to do it, why can't I?"
"I haven't an ounce of respect for his staff that chose to turn a blind eye"

Someone tipped the paper, (Deep Throat)
are all pcards, who all has these cards?, overseen by this same standard applied to billie's ? might be just short of a mil...
quote:
Originally posted by kimo wires

Well then put the staff on trial too. They categorized the spending along the lines of PR work.
We're not talking about millions.
If he truly was on the take it would have been a lot more money.

How do you know he wasn't rec'ing pay offs? Politicians are very well known for using the position to fill their pockets. Not all politicians but enough that's it's a serious problem worldwide. It fits in just perfectly with his pcard use. He was skimming all over the place and just like a gangsta betted that no one would rat him out.
It's well known that senators.. Mayors.. etc get "gifts" from the largest contractors.and other businesses looking for a ' favor'.. or favoritism. It happens in all states.. not just here in Hawaii.
I think the bigger question is why does having a corrupt local government not bother you?
The state of Hawaii may have to many long standing and overpaid state employees and contractors receiving extra Gifts with special favoritism. jmo

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/16690...-2-million

Politicians are corrupt from top to bottom. It comes with the Job.
Some are worse, or better, than others.
I never said it didn't bother me.
I don't speculate about what Might be going on behind the scenes.
I am an observer and I call it like I see it.
I see a small fish in a large pond being crucified.
If we knew all the dirt on all the deals of state politics that would be obvious.
Just read the above Link^/ article

One Thing I can always be sure of is that things will never go as expected.