Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HPP road maintainence
quote:
Originally posted by Slow Walker

[quote]Originally posted by Johnd

"Anyway, I'm not happy with the road situation. My neighbors aren't happy with it. My car's not happy with it. Is anyone happy with it?

I suggest everyone within HPP whose road looks like a roller coaster call HPPOA and make that list very very long. We shouldn't have to go to meetings"

They were talking about the grader 4 years ago like the main cause for inaction, but no talk about the no good lazy butt crew,the very same one we all pay for, that does f***all and whatever it does, is worthless anyway.

If we don't show up, we do not exist. We are in dire need for folks to move their okoles away from the big screen and show up with pitch and forks and remove the board by force if they don't resign, get rid of the management company asap and stop paying for the fees. Yes, it would catapult chaos. The

jdo

Well Johnd I'm not happy with the 2 OLCA's board of directors either. But with keeping in tone of the holiday of Thanksgiving,would you rather live here or on an acre or two in North Dakota? Be thankful for what you got and just put up with HPP directors and road crew like they are mosquitoes that you can do nothing about. Look at the fees you spend on roads like they are mosquito coils or incense that you burn for the dead. We always have lots of hope for change but not much for results.
[/quote)

Oh dear, I got the tofu make-believe turkey leg stuck on my throat with your wimpy and hopeless message. Attentioooon! all together now, push your head a little bit further into the ground. That's right, if we don't see it or hear it, all is good!

jdo
jdo

I[8)]"'ve been here for decades. Nothing changes when it comes to roads and the power people behind it."

Slow Walker
[/quote]

The people behind it is YOU, and US,... NOT they!

jdo
jdo
quote:
Originally posted by Johnd

I[8)]"'ve been here for decades. Nothing changes when it comes to roads and the power people behind it."

Slow Walker

The people behind it is YOU, and US,... NOT they!

jdo

I send you the best of luck in resolving your problem of poor roads Johnd!
Slow Walker
So theres a lot being said of the paving of hpp roads and the board etc
I have a question if anyone can answer it
Why is hpp allowing chipseal to be done yes the price is cheaper than paving but its lifetime is 1/3 the life of asphalt and that is if it is done correctly! Hpp has an unlicensed individual doing the chipseal on our dime what about liability insurance workmans comp. Also unlicensed individuals are legal for $1000 and under so as members and owners i would want to see that contract and submitals for the material used ..???
With the revenue of dues as HPP is the 2nd largest subdivision in the US there is no excuse for any of these issues if HPPOA was run correctly
no excuse for any of these issues if HPPOA was run correctly

As in "for the benefit of its members"? County doesn't even do that!
quote:
Originally posted by kalakoa

no excuse for any of these issues if HPPOA was run correctly

As in "for the benefit of its members"? County doesn't even do that!

not talkin about county HPP is a private entity. What county does is not my concern right now im talking about using unlicensed individuals to work on hpp roads to the tune of putting 50k in their pockets with no warranty for the job and no insurances to keep hpp out of even more legal issues and the quality and longevity of the pruduct being paid for
What county does is not my concern right now im talking about using unlicensed individuals to work on hpp roads to the tune of putting 50k in their pockets

Violations of State and/or County law should be investigated and prosecuted, right?

Massive cost overruns for County projects are okay, because the contractors are licensed?

It's pretty much all the same problem.
quote:

What county does is not my concern right now im talking about using unlicensed individuals to work on hpp roads to the tune of putting 50k in their pockets

Violations of State and/or County law should be investigated and prosecuted, right?

Massive cost overruns for County projects are okay, because the contractors are licensed?

using a licensed contractor does not mean massive cost overrun.. if you think the county has massive cost overruns because they use contractors that are licensed you are entitled to your opinion.using a licensed contractor would put the perspective buyer (county,state,residential,commercial) in the position that legally the fault does not fall back on them...having someone unlicensed and God forbid a fatal accident occurs who do you think is liable????? Your product unravels in 6months what then? Having the knowledge on the right way to apply asphalt or chipseal does fall under a licensed contractor like it or not
Cheaper is not always better!!#also most times it ends up costing more in the long run.
I dont know about you but id rather spend the funds on roads abd maintenance than on more legal fees
quote:
Originally posted by Hmmm

quote:

using a licensed contractor does not mean massive cost overrun.. if you think the county has massive cost overruns because they use contractors that are licensed you are entitled to your opinion.using a licensed contractor would put the perspective buyer (county,state,residential,commercial) in the position that legally the fault does not fall back on them...having someone unlicensed and God forbid a fatal accident occurs who do you think is liable????? Your product unravels in 6months what then? Having the knowledge on the right way to apply asphalt or chipseal does fall under a licensed contractor like it or not
Cheaper is not always better!!#also most times it ends up costing more in the long run.
I dont know about you but id rather spend the funds on roads abd maintenance than on more legal fees

Licensed and bonded tend to get lumped together, but they are very separate things.

Licensed means the contractor has met the requirements of the state for that trade.

Bonded and insured means that the contractor has paid for insurance coverage for things like that fatal accident, and that a bonding company is promising the contractor isn't going to take the money the customer paid for materials and leave town, or else they have to make the customer whole. Depending on the state the bonding agent may also cover malfeasance (doing the right thing but badly) or misfeasance (doing the wrong thing) as well as nonfeasance (doing nothing).