Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
home sales up
http://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/news...d-continue

Looks like the lack of infrastructure and HOAs aren't slowing Puna home sales at all, especially HPP and Ainaloa according to the article.
Which is going to be fun to watch what happens when puna becomes the most populated district on the island. With only one road in or out.
Thanks for posting shockwave, I've forwarded that link. We've all noticed the construction going on around us, it should give us clear impetus to improve HPP road maintenance through rational board actions.
going to be fun to watch what happens

Especially when all those new residents are reminded that by choosing to live here, you accept all the problems, none of which will ever be fixed.
Fortunately with increased population comes increased representation. I'd love to see the majority of state money come to Puna first instead ofHilo or Kona
I wonder how many of the sales are actual homeowners, and not investors making rental properties?

Community begins with Aloha
Tons of new houses going up in Orchidland. So many more cars now than 5 yrs ago.
with increased population comes increases representation

Only if that population demands representation. Right now they all seem too busy hijacking their HOA to get control of the money.
quote:
Originally posted by Tink

I wonder how many of the sales are actual homeowners, and not investors making rental properties?

Community begins with Aloha

From the article it would seem the rental market is very tight too, so I am not sure what difference it makes if the homes are being bought by landlords or homeowners, other than the ocean front properties most of them are not vacation rentals, so they all mean an increasing population. I thought the part about retirees from neighbor Islands moving here was interesting, my guess is they are much more likely to stay for the long run than mainland transplants.
http://hawaiitribune-herald.com/news/loc...main-tight

"Day-Lum manages about 650 residential units or homes. Cabral said that of those 650, just four are empty right now."
--
craigslist has long been a popular spot for listing housing rentals on the island. I just looked, doing searches by subdivision name, Nanawale has 2 and Leilani has 1.