Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HPP road maintainence
Perhaps you could illuminate some of us with the grand ideas the last Boards had, because I cannot see them from the overgrowth on my road.

Nope. My interest is in moving forward into the big picture, not backward into the quagmire.
[quote]Originally posted by My 2 cents

Perhaps you could illuminate some of us with the grand ideas the last Boards had, because I cannot see them from the overgrowth on my road.

Nope. My interest is in moving forward into the big picture, not backward into the quagmire.
[/quote

That one sounds like a bible verse 2cent! I'll have to write that one down.
Slow Walker
Hallelujah!
I'm not experiencing any problems that I wasn't aware of before I bought my place in HPP many years ago. So have no solutions to offer since I haven't had the need to think of any.

Incidentally, that doesn't mean I have no right to respond to threads about HPP. Everyone on PW does, and in addition, since HPP is where I live, I have an interest on what a PW discussion regarding HPP might be about. So please, can we end this matter about why someone might want to post on a particular thread? If you or others only want to hear opinions that agree with yours, may I suggest you start your own forum somewhere else where you can control the discussion? I don't believe this is the place for that.

Lucky for you that you're not experiencing any problems w/your neighborhood. Regarding night driving on HPP's main drags, my husband and I both have issues whenever we're driving home at night and remember not having these hazardous conditions pre storm Iselle. Exiting HPP going south is another matter, and most will agree w/you that Paradise is safer.

I didn't say you had no right to read or post here. I wonder why you do since it appears to cause you a lot of annoyance. Most of your time posting on HPP threads is consumed not w/the topic but more about personally attacking others w/condescending remarks. This goes way back to other HPP threads. If you go back and read, many have spoken w/differing opinions freely bc they were speaking about the topic at hand, not attacking others.

We also have the right to read and post on any HPP thread if we wish. You have been trying to control this thread in your own way w/your condescending personal attacks. Some may not respond kindly.

I too would appreciate ending this TomK, can we?
I am truly amazed that this has gone on for so long here.
Hawaiian Acres Newsletter 1962 has an entire page dedicated to the story of how we all got screwed on the roads deal.
2017 - 1962 = 55 years.

During that time people continued to buy properties connected by bad roads.
During that time people managed to drive on those bad roads to and from work to pay for their homes located on those bad roads.

A 20 year old who bought his or her property, worked until age 65 and has now been retired 10 years, can either still vociferously complain every chance they get about the bad roads, or maybe realize s/he somehow managed to get by all those years. Maybe not to his/her satisfaction, but s/he got by.

As Annie Dillard once said, "How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives."

"Only fear real things, such as minds full of delusions." -Last Aphorisms
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves

http://abcnews.go.com/International/vide...d-44715078

Undeniably Kahunascott. One only has to look at our roads today compared to what they were less than 3 years ago and the word "experienced vs inexperienced" is apparent as the nose on our faces. Macuu222, you must easily be pleased because filling the pot holes is just a bandaide til the next rain. Were they rolled? If what you described is $300 worth then I pity you. plus that attitude of "well I got mine so who cares about anybody else" is lame.

Obie,why don't you update us on the lawsuit?
I am glad this thread keeps going on and on. if it attracts more readers that have invested in HPP then that is a good thing. If you tink it has gone on to long, find another thread to troll.
quote:
Originally posted by Obie

quote:
Originally posted by Kahunascott

[quote]Originally posted by Katarina

In reference to "vitriolic poison" posted here... I am so grateful that we are offered this site to keep informed and yes.. vent some. Maybe a solution(one that will work) will transpire. If you are informed, you will know that previous to the last almost 3 years, there was griping, concerns and a few who despised the former GM(though most have changed their tunes as they see he was efficient, educated and got the job done) posted. That has given way to chaos, lies, constant breaking of our bylaws and state statutes. This vitriol was created by 1 board member. It is not hard to discern this fact. So 1 person has caused all this angst, a lawsuit that she seems in no hurry to get resolved, arbitration that cost individual members and the entire membership(due to the board freely hiring attorneys), threatening letters from board members to selective members, death threats to a board member, illegal hiring and firings, employing a criminal and a family member, hostility displayed to members by the staff, a GM who refuses to due his job, the disintegration of many membership committees,Jo attending finance committee meetings and illegally voting as she was never appointed correctly, the finance committee being totally left out of any business decision, expensive unnecessary truck being purchased, chip seal occurring against the membership wishes, monies being funneled into a newly created chip seal account, our roads in the worst condition ever and our fees escalating. Good reason I'd say and very sad. All members should be outraged. This is not unnecessary and unjust vitriol.

I am on the mainland for many weeks now. Mermaid... or like minded poster. Would you please post what happens at the board meeting and membership meeting?I'd really appreciate it.

You left out experienced too.

So how about an update on the lawsuit ??

I wish I could, but can't
If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it cost when it’s free...now here come the taxes.....
[quote]Originally posted by My 2 cents

[/quote

I don't think you could see the big picture even if it hits you on the face. And that goes for the rest of the peanut gallery suggesting that we pay for what we don't get, do nothing about it or keep harping about this "subject open to recall" who seems to be some supernatural being suspected of possessing some extraordinary evilness that permeates everything she touches. 'nough said

jdo
jdo
This is currently the most entertaining thread on PW, a regular Puna soap opera!