Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Protectors required (don't apply via FB)
Access to the white sand Pila`a Beach will be blocked by his property because there is no direct right-of-way to the beach.
-----------
Kinda like access to Shipman's? Where people have to walk along a shoreline trail to get there? Sounds legal to me.
a simple complaint to the Planning Dept. should take care of it

Exactly: they'll run up $5M in bond debt building a new baseball diamond with bleachers and restrooms. That way, nobody will be happy.

It's really past time Hawaii just put up a big sign saying "No Investment Allowed: Leave your Money in the Gift Shop on your way Back to the Airport (Thank You and Good-Bye)".
I have to question what the beach access or rock wall have to do with the quiet title action. Does one of the properties in question provide beach access?

Also, as much as I have enjoyed this discussion, I have to wonder what it has to do with Puna.
quote:
Originally posted by leilanidude

Access to the white sand Pila`a Beach will be blocked by his property because there is no direct right-of-way to the beach.
-----------
Kinda like access to Shipman's? Where people have to walk along a shoreline trail to get there? Sounds legal to me.

Or Pohue Bay where you have to walk the King's trail for miles.
My 2 cents,

"Also, as much as I have enjoyed this discussion, I have to wonder what it has to do with Puna."

I'm sure Rob will correct me if I'm wrong, but although the site is generally Puna-related, other things going on in Hawaii are also allowed to be discussed.

One or two other posters here have tried to censor threads because they didn't like them and resorted to the same argument you made (the observatories on Mauna Kea and the work they do comes to mind). I really hope you don't go down the same path.
quote:
Originally posted by MarkP

It is amazing how many posters jump in with both feet with an extreme take on this when they either have not read any of the details or in some cases lack the capacity to process information.

[:p]
quote:
Originally posted by TomK

My 2 cents,

"Also, as much as I have enjoyed this discussion, I have to wonder what it has to do with Puna."

I'm sure Rob will correct me if I'm wrong, but although the site is generally Puna-related, other things going on in Hawaii are also allowed to be discussed.

One or two other posters here have tried to censor threads because they didn't like them and resorted to the same argument you made (the observatories on Mauna Kea and the work they do comes to mind). I really hope you don't go down the same path.

I wasn't trying to censor anything Tom. But since I was questioning the relevance of the rock wall and ocean access, the relevance of this thread to Puna also occurred to me. As I said, I have enjoyed this discussion. I just hope we are not giving fodder to Pog. If it's ok with Rob, it's ok with me.

I do wonder where the line is though. TMT, women's march, etc....at least they are here on the BI. Can we also have threads about the rail project, or the honolulu police chief? (I really don't want that, just making a point).

I wish I had left it alone, but now that I have stepped in it, I guess I have to deal with it.
Can we also have threads about the rail project

We should, actually, because we're paying for it even though it's not on our island.

Example: all TAT revenue flows to the State, which generously shares it back to the neighbor islands, according to some formula they made up. County asserts that we're losing money on the deal (we get a $19M share of TAT, but the "cost" of serving those tourists is $31M).

Rail project is currently estimated at $11B...

Separately: Rail will be "green" because they plan to power it with "renewable sources", including Big Island geothermal, exported to Oahu with an interisland power grid. How much is that going to cost? (I think they've already spent a bunch of money on "studies"...)
Can we also have threads about the rail project?

We need to have a discussion about the rail project because, unlike sales tax, the GET is applied at every level of transaction. Thus we are helping pay for it when be buy goods that have passed through Oahu wholesalers or services from Oahu providers. Don't think for a minute that the Neighbor Islands aren't helping pay for the rail fiasco.
But since I was questioning the relevance of the rock wall and ocean access, the relevance of this thread to Puna also occurred to me.
------
Puna has the same issues with murky land titles and ocean access.