Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Protectors required (don't apply via FB)
OK then. Apparently a NEW thread about the rail project is in order (this thread is not appropriate for that), and leilanidude has provided the relevance I was looking for with this topic to Puna, so we can continue where we left off, which was:

"I have to question what the beach access or rock wall have to do with the quiet title action. Does one of the properties in question provide beach access?"

and

"Or Pohue Bay where you have to walk the King's trail for miles."

Thanks for indulging me, folks.
Thanks for your reply, My 2 cents. I was simply hoping that the thread didn't end up in nonsense about not being allowed, so very much appreciate your response.

To be honest, I was surprised how the thread turned out, as my intention was a light-hearted thread about the situation and using FB to organize any protests. I didn't expect it to go this far.
And I was surprised that the story was much more positive than the headline suggested.
Now this makes more sense. These minority owners have access rights through his property.

http://www.staradvertiser.com/2017/01/24...d-dispute/

"The lands in question are 14 parcels of roughly one acre or less that lie within about 700 acres on Kauaiā€™s north shore that Zuckerberg bought in 2014 for around $100 million. The 14 parcels are known as kuleana lands that give their owners access rights over the surrounding property that Zuckerberg wants to make into a secluded home for himself and his wife, Priscilla Chan."
Now this makes more sense. These minority owners have access rights through his property.

Would that be similar to this from a page back?
I was under the impression that there were owners and families against the sale as it would block their access to the ancestral property and other rights they had in conjunction with it.

Because if they sign off, and sell, they would lose their access rights. Is that correct?

"Only fear real things, such as minds full of delusions." -Last Aphorisms
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
They have access rights to the plot they had ownership in, even though their percentage of ownership may be as low as .001% and even though it was already sold by the majority owner. It does not give them access rights to the beach - that would be a separate issue. What a mess.