Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HPP mailbox vote
How did you end up with the mailboxes that are located in the right-away of your existing roads? Not in the bylaws then they all need to be removed.
They are illegal and have to go asap !!

Space for existing mailboxes is authorized in our Land Court deeds, Exhibit "A":

"Hawaiian Paradise Park Corp., it's successors... to grant licenses, easements, and privileges to others in, over, and across and through, said roadways for utilities, access and other service purposes..."

This was granted for the existing mailboxes. They are legal.

No child will ever again doubt they could grow up and someday become president of the United States
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
2 more Board vacancies posted on HPPOA Website,
District 3,4,5,7,8,9.
Districts 1,2 and 6 still filled as of today.
Asking a board member to apologize for his hostile attitude toward many board members, expecting him to understand and obey our bylaws he swore to uphold,for not researching the project and acting unprofessionally is sick? Guess you have never held a position or even worked in the professional or semiprofessional world or even volunteered before Obie.
quote:
Originally posted by Obie

"There are no provisions in our bylaws for the mailbox project as our bylaws are currently written. The board can't get involved in construction of the mailbox area nor the purchasing of boxes bc it's contrary to the bylaws. Not covered under road maint activity, road maint, restricted funds, road maint assessments or special assessments."

How did you end up with the mailboxes that are located in the right-away of your existing roads? Not in the bylaws then they all need to be removed.

You don't live Here why are you trolling HPP business
quote:
Originally posted by Seeb

quote:
Originally posted by Obie

"There are no provisions in our bylaws for the mailbox project as our bylaws are currently written. The board can't get involved in construction of the mailbox area nor the purchasing of boxes bc it's contrary to the bylaws. Not covered under road maint activity, road maint, restricted funds, road maint assessments or special assessments."

You don't live Here why are you trolling HPP business

Is this the Punaweb or the HPPweb? Are we supposed to get some tickets from a clerk in order to respond to this thread? And how much does a ticket cost?

It would seem to me that Obie must have a 55 gallon barrel full of tickets to use after matching a couple grand$ for the Pahoa fire fund for the unemployed workers.

Best get that facebook site set up for HPP if you dont want others to check out what is happening.

Have Johnd set it up.
Slow Walker
Are we supposed to get some tickets from a clerk in order to respond to this thread?

Some residents of HPP do not think Obie or other non-residents should comment on this thread. I'm a homeowner in HPP, have been since the last century, and would like to say I welcome Obie's opinions. Clearly there's no consensus among residents to restrict him (or other non-residents) as we're not all in agreement one way or the other.

You never know, he may provide some much needed perspective, from a distance. A relatively short distance.

No child will ever again doubt they could grow up and someday become president of the United States
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
quote:
Originally posted by HereOnThePrimalEdge
Space for existing mailboxes is authorized in our Land Court deeds, Exhibit "A":

"Hawaiian Paradise Park Corp., it's successors... to grant licenses, easements, and privileges to others in, over, and across and through, said roadways for utilities, access and other service purposes..."

This was granted for the existing mailboxes. They are legal.

I believe we put in the slabs for the mailboxes on HPP easements and the USPS installed the mailboxes. As recently as 4 or so yrs ago, the mailboxes on Shower were moved to a diff location on Shower. HPP did the slab and USPS installed the new mailboxes.
Way back at the beginning of this post I tried to relate my experience with providing a community with mailboxes.
We ran into the same problem with the Road Association and the bylaws !
We formed a mailbox association separate from the Road Association and raised the money to buy new mailboxes, poured a pad and put a roof over them .

It was all of the people who didn't have mailboxes who paid for it .
It is my belief that Obe is an HPP lot owner and board supporter who's been posting on HPP threads since 2015 to support whatever the board's agenda is (i.e. chip seal, mailboxes...)

A few pages back on this thread, she posted HPP's Special Board mtg agenda that she supposedly got from the HPP website, and gave us inaccurate/alternate facts to protect the board bc they hadn't posted the agenda one week in advance per our bylaws. Who does that unless they have a connection to HPP and it's board?

On several occasions she has tried to pitch chip seal to us. Only way these agendas of hers adds up is if she owns in HPP and is a board supporter. The level of her anger towards HPP members who have opposing views of the board says a lot...like she's invested in HPP. Doesn't add up Obe...just sayin....

Reni, it was several of us who researched the bylaws together FOR the membership. Lots of upset members (as one would expect after the major board faux pas), lots of differing opinions and thoughts, so we thought it was worth taking a closer look at our bylaws.
To me, it's become impossible to differentiate between the complaints about the HPPOA Board members' behavior and the behavior of those complaining about the board. Frankly, they seem made for each other.

There are some of us who don't like what the board has become, but it's so disappointing to see such extremes, including trying to discourage non-HPP residents or landowners from posting here, a Puna-based site and not one dedicated to HPP. I guess it reflects life in general these days.

I second Slow Walker's suggestion (and it's not the first time such a suggestion has been made). For those who don't want input from elsewhere in Puna or can't deal with opposing opinions, set up a private site somewhere where you can control the membership and what opinions are allowed.