Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HPP road maintainence
past boards getting in the business of buying houses

It's an awesome investment if you're in a position to influence the paving schedule so as to cause a valuation increase.
From my research I believe the property is being rented by the chip seal person to have his baseyard close to his bank (Bank of HPP)
rented by the chip seal person to have his baseyard

If I recall correctly, the tree trimming folks had to get a Special Use Permit to have their baseyard in HPP, because it was considered a "business occupation" that exceeded the allowable land-use for Agricultural zoning.

Rules. For everyone.
I think you are right Kalakoa and it surely is obvious there is nothing agriculture about a construction baseyard.
I wonder how it is they can do that?
Ask the Planning Department, Hmmm.
I think you are right Kalakoa and it surely is obvious there is nothing agriculture about a construction baseyard.
I wonder how it is they can do that?

Because the board looks the other way...and the board does the same thing. Doesn't matter that the contractor has no license or that they need a permit for the clearing they do on each road before they CS. Where does all that stuff they clear out of the easements go? They're not supposed to dump that in HPP.

Another question....Is the board then charging this CS contractor Extra Road Burden Fees? It's a new road fee assessment that all members who have businesses such as this will be required to pay. Since the contractor isn't a member, it would then get passed onto the lot owner who's leasing the land out?

Per the policy, under Commercial Heavy Equipment, over 6,000 lbs would be 100% = 2 x's 313.50. There's sev pieces of heavy equipment on that lot equating to well over 6,000 lbs. so that would be a hefty road maint fee. Is the board waiving this fee and will be every year for 10 yrs or more as long as this CS project continues?

That was the projection for the CS project 10 yrs minimum. What a nice business niche someone is benefiting from. With the CS roads deteriorating already, make that well over 10 yrs.

Before they finish CS'g the last dirt road, they'll have had many return visits to patch and fill potholes as that's already begun on the roads they've just CS'd. Maybe roads will have to have a 2nd layer before they get to the bottom of the park. Esp if there's supposed to be 3 layers minimum on each road.

From here on out HPP will be a slave to the CS monster. Bye bye asphalt roads.
Because the board looks the other way... the contractor has no license...

If a complaint is made, County has to follow through.

From here on out HPP will be a slave to the CS monster. Bye bye asphalt roads.

And to what used to be decent maintenance of the roads and shoulders pre chip seal and pre firing of the last GM. Not perfect but a hell of a lot more professional than what we're getting. The worst I've ever seen. We don't rate rock on our roads anymore. What the hell? Now it's grade and roll, that's it. Hello Dept of Health fines. Now the board is in the business of paying dust fines because they're mismanaging our roads and it's not even summer yet. Does anyone know how much the Dept of Health fine was?

All of Kaloli Point was graded and rolled over a week ago. This of course helped fill in some of the potholes (temporarily) and widened up the roads, and whatever hard rock we had laying here and there on the road was smashed to powder = dustier roads = potholes = [Sad] = [Sad!]. And the cycle begins again. W/out any proper grade road material being dropped as is required for a decent dirt road on any of our roads, expect more of the same issues on your roads and more DOH fines.

As I've discussed before in a prior post, we used to have a Road Committee who was working w/the previous GM to find proper road material for HPP. They were going to do test roads etc. A good combo that had bonding elements = low dust. Maybe we need to go back to red cinder??

Anyone live on a red cinder road right now? How long has it been since road material's been dropped on your road? The red cinder roads I've traveled on in the past year, don't have near as bad potholes or dust as the grey looking roads. I don't believe they've dropped red cinder on any roads which means that what we see today has been there for a minimum 3 yrs.
So where is the next chip seal road to be done? Haven't noticed any movement on that lately.
And yes the cs roads are worthless! I'm actually glad I haven't seen any movement on it but wonder Why? As they are so arrogant about it and do what they want to.