Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Southwest Airlines - announcement coming..
http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea.com/....gbpl.uxfs

"Beat of Hawaii reports that for the first time Southwest Airlines is a major corporate sponsor of Hawaii Global Tourism Summit which starts tomorrow in Honolulu. Southwest is expected to speak at the conference on Wednesday."

Not an improvement if I still have to connect in HNL or OGG.
Several reports indicate that the entry of Southwest into the Hawaii market will not significantly lower mainland fares. What would be a major shakeup, however, would be their entry into the interisland market. A quick search on southwest.com found numerous one way fares of $59 to $79 on their current flights between mainland (mostly Texas) cities with comparable distances to those between our islands.
their entry into the interisland market

It would be "really neat" if SWA accomplished this by running direct mainland flights from every island EXCEPT Oahu.
I so want affordable choices from Hilo direct to the mainland.

Peace and long life
Peace and long life
affordable choices from Hilo direct to the mainland.
---------
I think we are stuck with United and their identical crappy 737's. Just not enough demand to warrant all the extra equipment and personnel in Hilo. I won't fly Southwest's 737s on a 6 hour flight and have only done it on united, once. What a terrible experience.
Yuck, no thanks. Bring back Aloha Airlines!
their entry into the interisland market
affordable choices from Hilo direct to the mainland.

If Southwest does announce that they'll fly to Hilo, would it be too much to ask that they put a Costco on each plane?

The Donner Party really wasn't that great of a party, was it?
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
SWA is the best mainland airline, we should be so lucky if they deign to serve Hawaii in any capacity.
Word has been going around

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4107459...y-imminent