Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orchidland Mandatory Road Fees Update
After talking with secretary Frederic Wirick http://orchidland.org/association-business/board/ for over an hour and emailing Kenneth Ah Lo of Data Processing Services Inc. Hilo, here's a summary of what I found out. My interest initiated upon receipt of a statement from Orchidland Community Association, Inc. c/o Data Processing Services, Inc. concerning Mandatory Road Maintenance Dues for my 40th Ave property.
Receiving 2 newsletters from 2 different boards is very confusing. Where were my Road Dues going? Who's legally in charge? What the H --- is going on?
Summary of info that is important to me & I think others. This is financial status only: OCA, Inc. is using Data Processing (Kenneth Ah Lo, President) for it's accounting. Kenneth is trying to help OCA with Road Fee overdue collections. The IMPORTANT info I got is that Past Due Amounts WILL BE GOING TO A COLLECTION AGENCY within about 6 months. When that happens, I was told a 12% late fee will be added. People that are years overdue will be surprised, which is why I felt the need to post this here & attempt to get it on the Coconut Wireless.
This is my understanding. If anyone has any objective additional current information - please share. I am not interested in the warring parties, only my financial obligations. There is information at http://orchidland.org/association-busine...formation/ regarding the latest court decisions.
Backup information from PunaTalk is found here:
http://punaweb.org/Forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=22863&whichpage=6&SearchTerms=orchidland

disclaimer: Not responding to arguments or trolls.
quote:
Originally posted by DoryGray

After talking with secretary Frederic Wirick http://orchidland.org/association-business/board/ for over an hour and emailing Kenneth Ah Lo of Data Processing Services Inc. Hilo, here's a summary of what I found out. My interest initiated upon receipt of a statement from Orchidland Community Association, Inc. c/o Data Processing Services, Inc. concerning Mandatory Road Maintenance Dues for my 40th Ave property.
Receiving 2 newsletters from 2 different boards is very confusing. Where were my Road Dues going? Who's legally in charge? What the H --- is going on?
Summary of info that is important to me & I think others. This is financial status only: OCA, Inc. is using Data Processing (Kenneth Ah Lo, President) for it's accounting. Kenneth is trying to help OCA with Road Fee overdue collections. The IMPORTANT info I got is that Past Due Amounts WILL BE GOING TO A COLLECTION AGENCY within about 6 months. When that happens, I was told a 12% late fee will be added. People that are years overdue will be surprised, which is why I felt the need to post this here & attempt to get it on the Coconut Wireless.
This is my understanding. If anyone has any objective additional current information - please share. I am not interested in the warring parties, only my financial obligations. There is information at http://orchidland.org/association-busine...formation/ regarding the latest court decisions.
Backup information from PunaTalk is found here:
http://punaweb.org/Forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=22863&whichpage=6&SearchTerms=orchidland

disclaimer: Not responding to arguments or trolls.

Dory Gray,
You could consider just about everyone you talk to or read from as a troll.
They\We\Me have our own way of thinking after years and years of abuse and lies.

Be smart listen to both sides and make up your own mind. Dont wig out and think this person seems smart. I'm sure they have my interest in mind!
Figure they are all phishing sites waiting to make you believe their story!

Trust no one!

I have lived here on my way towards 40 years.

They all speak with forked tongues to protect their way of thinking.

Consider yourself forewarned! Best I can say is hunker down in the bushes and wait till the end (court decisions etc) before putting your hard earned dollars out there.
Slow Walker
Again, and seriously: it's time for the "concerned residents" to create a third "phantom board" consisting of an escrow account into which their "mandatory" road dues are deposited.

Serve both boards with legal notice that the money is theirs ... just as soon as they prove that they are the legitimate board.

It's simply not reasonable to expect people to sort this out on their own, or to pay two sets of fees in hopes that one of them will "count". Set the money aside and let the courts figure it out.

(The "no roads" situation in Hawaiian Acres looks better all the time...)
Aren't these people in enough legal trouble already?
If they do this they may be setting themselves up for more lawsuits.
I don't think this is a wise move on their part.

Note to OLCA Board:
Settle your lawsuit first before you go swinging your weight around and trying to intimidate people. We don't know if you , or our money, is going to be around at the end of this thing.

One Thing I can always be sure of is that things will never go as expected.
About 3 months ago we sold our 3 side by side lots in OLE as we were paying both sets of fees on each lot and it just got to much.We bought in the 1960s in OLE.
We just purchased 3 side by side lots on Rd 8 for over 150K but no mandatory dues and soon building a HPM 800 sq ft code home.
Being in H.A. already near 4nD since the early 1960s pavement will be sweet.And yes we pay our Rd dues in H.A. yet absolutely NOTHING gets done for the last 7 years from 3rd to 6rd.
Mrs.Mimosa
Joy SanBonaventura, State Rep, was at a HPP meeting about roads a week and half ago on a Saturday.

You should listen to people who were there ( don't think the minutes of the meeting are available yet ) about how FW presented himself, and claimed to represent OLE. He was finally shouted down.

So the Arthurs board is doing the scraping and graveling of da roads right now. I no think so. I paid my road fees for two lots, and I'm grateful to live in Ola'a Orchidland.
What do the bylaws say?
Puna: Our roosters crow first
You should listen to people who were there ( don't think the minutes of the meeting are available yet ) about how FW presented himself, and claimed to represent OLE. He was finally shouted down.

There are plenty of people claiming to represent OLE these days. I am curious about what an OLE resident/property owner/board member(?) might have to say to the membership of HPP, or why he might feel that taking up time in their meeting would be welcome. Details of this, anyone?
quote:
Originally posted by My 2 cents

There are plenty of people claiming to represent OLE these days. I am curious about what an OLE resident/property owner/board member(?) might have to say to the membership of HPP, or why he might feel that taking up time in their meeting would be welcome. Details of this, anyone?

Not sure if anyone saw this. It is broken up into timed information sections regarding the meeting by Joy etc.

http://www.bigislandvideonews.com/2017/0...ng-in-hpp/
Slow Walker