Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PUNA KIDNAPPING suspect vehicle #HCD-702
http://www.westhawaiitoday.com/news/loca...s-arrested

Hawaii Island police arrested the remaining suspects that were wanted in connection with a kidnapping incident in Puna.

Kidnappers being let out after their arrest? What does the rule of law mean in Hawaii?

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP
quote:
Originally posted by birdmove

Kidnappers being let out after their arrest? What does the rule of law mean in Hawaii?

Jon in Keaau/HPP

They are being released to be become “productive “ citizens - that is produce more crime so police, lawyers, judges, etc can stay in business.
Puna: Our roosters crow first
released to be become “productive “ citizens - that is produce more crime

Yes, our job creators.

In some areas of the country there is a theory which holds onto the idea that by giving a huge tax break to the already wealthy, the rich will invest their funds which "trickle down" into jobs for the less fortunate lower classes.

In Puna, as there is little commercial zoning, our local concept for effective long term employment is the "screwed* up" method of job creation. In this system, car thieves and their associated kidnappers provide a virtually unlimited work flow for those in the law enforcement, prosecution, and criminal defense sector, all through an innovative catch and release program.

* some might use a different verb

"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water.” - President Donald J. Trump
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
This is very disturbing news. How are they not being held in cells?
Welcome to the Big Island...
As I interpret the article, only the guy who turned himself in on the afternoon of the incident was released. The other 3 are still being held, albeit on other charges.
According to the West Hawaii Today article linked above, yes, the only suspect that has been released is the guy who turned himself in on the day of the kidnapping. The other three are in custody although Carvalho was "released" but remains in custody on other matters.

"At 5:30 p.m. that afternoon, detectives arrested 32-year-old Claude Carvalho Jr. in connection with this incident after he was taken into custody for unrelated bench warrants. He was released later that evening pending investigation for this case but remained in police custody for his warrants until making his initial appearance on Wednesday afternoon in District Court.

On Wednesday, 26-year-old Nikki Nasario and 25-year-old Joshua Sosa were arrested for the incident and their outstanding warrants following a traffic stop on Highway 130 near the Ainaloa Boulevard intersection in Pahoa. Sosa is being held at the Hawaii Community Correctional Center on a parole violation warrant, and Nasario is being held at the Hilo cellblock while detectives from the Area I Criminal Investigation Section continue the investigation.
"
Thanks for clearing this up.

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP
2 have now been charged; 2 released...
Community: 01-05-18 Puna kidnapping suspects charged (Update No. 2)

Hawai#699;i Police Department
Criminal Investigation Section, Area I
Lieutenant Miles Chong
PhoneSad808) 961-2252
Report No. C17036090

Media Release (Update No. 2)

Hawai#699;i Island police have charged two suspects in connection with the kidnapping incident in Puna.

At 12:31 p.m., (December 30), officers responded to a call of a kidnapping from a He#699;e Street address in Hawaiian Beaches. Witnesses reported that a 31-year-old woman staying at the residence was struck in the face with a tire iron before being forced into the trunk of a sedan at gunpoint.

The victim was also found later that afternoon when she was dropped off at the He#699;e Street residence. She was taken by ambulance to the Hilo Medical Center where she was treated and released for non-life threatening injuries.

The burnt remnants of the suspect’s vehicle were discovered at the Lava Tree State Park in P#257;hoa Tuesday afternoon, (January 2).

At 2:15 p.m., Wednesday, (January 3), 26-year-old Nikki Nasario and 25-year-old Joshua Sosa were arrested for this incident and their outstanding warrants following a traffic stop by patrol officers on Highway 130 near the Ainaloa Boulevard intersection in P#257;hoa.

At 8:45 a.m,. Friday, (January 5), police charged Nasario and Sosa with kidnapping, second-degree assault, and first-degree terroristic threatening. Their bail has been set at $25,000 each and are both being held at the Hawai`i Community Correctional Center for unrelated charges as well as their initial appearance for this case Monday afternoon, (January 8), in District Court.

The two other suspects previously arrested in this case, 34-year-old Paul Alisa, and 32-year-old Claude Carvalho Jr. were released pending further investigation.

View on web: https://local.nixle.com/alert/6339627/?sub_id=2038383