Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inbound missle from N. Korea alert.
So... Hawaii DoD says we have 15 minutes to take shelter from an incoming North Korean missile. Then they take 29 minutes to send out their cancellation message which says in part:

Please disregard message of nuclear attack

It's a weekend. And a holiday weekend at that. The part timers and backup crew at DoD could stand a little extra training.

"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water.” - President Donald J. Trump
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
CNN has coverage now. Yup, worrisome language sent in error by the State of Hawaii.
Would it be too much to ask for 1. A correction message on the same system. 2. A message on the Civil Defense website with updated informationf? Is there actually no policy in place to issue a correction other than rumors on Facebook?
Another confidence inspiring mistake from our trusted Hawaiian officials.
Interested to know everyone's first actions. Are we prepared?

For us, hard to believe. Lord's Prayer (the go-to prayer). Then, bring in the big water jugs, the pets, fill the bathtub, charge the cell phones as long as possible, power up the AM news radio. Pick remaining citrus off the trees. Look online for any other bits of news. Curse Trump.
Finally got a Civil Defense message on TV advising of the false alarm.
I wonder how many accidents were caused by this message?
You can’t fix stupid. Emergency Mismanagement. Only in Hawaii.
quote:
Originally posted by macuu222

I wonder how many accidents were caused by this message?

OOOOHH good idea! Should I call my lawyer first or wait until I "fall" down the stairs?
I wonder how many accidents

I wonder what it was like for the sailors on board nuclear armed ships and subs at Pearl Harbor when they received the message on their cell phones? Or the airmen at Hickam?

Or the generals in charge at Pearl Harbor or Hickam?

"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water.” - President Donald J. Trump
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves