Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inbound missle from N. Korea alert.
Hawaii - State of Confusion
Was that a message typed before the alert by one individual or preprogrammed into the system to just push one button?

I’m concerned this could be a hack by a State such as NK.
Did anybody else notice the tourist helicopters rushing back towards the airport shortly after the alert came out?
This event has me whistling the theme melody from Looney Tunes.

Glad that the false alert didn't make it to President $hithole's phone or we would be in a full nuclear exchange now.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Right one, Rob.
A lady staying with me had her daughter on Oahu call hysterically to tell her goodby. Either a hack or incredibly stupid.
It went out to separate alert systems: cell phone and TV. Doubt it was a hack. Just general incompetence.
Either a hack or incredibly stupid.

CNN is reporting that it was a systems test not meant to go out to the general public. If true, it wasn't a hack, but the incredibly stupid option.

"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water.” - President Donald J. Trump
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
"Interested to know everyone's first actions. Are we prepared?"

Our first reaction was to not trust our government's alert system.........but just in case they actually got it right and eminent doom was expected in 15 minutes, I grabbed the box of See's candies....wouldn't want that to go to waste!

Thanks to you all for the posts , we can always trust Puna Talk to be first with the straight info!!!
The bigger question: why did it take over half an hour to issue a correction?