Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inbound missle from N. Korea alert.
Missile false alarm causes panic for Hawaii PGA Tour players.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-golf-...SKBN1F3001
EMERGENCY ALLERT: EXTREME!
BALLISTIC MISSILE THREAT INBOUND TO HAWAII.
SEEK OUT IMMEDIATE $HIT-HOLE FOR SHELTER.
THIS IS NOT A DRILL.
Yup, gonna run to the nearest high rise and seek shelter in the basement so I am the bottom of a pile of concrete rubble.Suuure. More advice from an inept nepotism filled division of gummit. Sorry for the no aloha here as I see none coming my way from them, just strike one in "crying wolf!".

Community begins with Aloha
Hawaii insisted upon this missile alert system... to try and make Trump look bad.

I'd like to unpack this conspiracy theory a little more with some real world scrutiny and evaluation. Was Hawaii's warning system updated to include a nuclear missile alert so it could:

Make Trump Look Bad?
Setting up a monthly warning siren test could accomplish this. But then, why also create a TV, radio, smartphone messaging system? If state officials didn't believe there was any real possibility of a North Korean missile attack, why do more work than necessary to reach their primary goal of embarrassing the president? If you received the smartphone message this morning, you know it was an entirely different type of warning than the usual alerts.

Actually Warn Hawaii Residents?
If state officials believed a missile attack was a real world possibility, wouldn't they set up their system using all communication methods, including siren, TV, radio, and cellphone?

Which seems more plausible knowing how the system was designed?

"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water.” - President Donald J. Trump
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
"Pushed the wrong button". Hmm. Here's hoping the North Korean missiles have decent safeguards and cannot be fired by "pushing the wrong button".
In the spirit of aloha to all you youngins, the correct word is "lose," as in "he should lose his job." "Loose" is used like in "Harvey Weinstein is loose when he is with women."
Even if the alert was real, I wouldn’t do anything.
Oh, I might give my wife a couple extra kisses before I get out the binoculars.
Puna: Our roosters crow first
quote:
Originally posted by Green

It brings back the good old day when I used to hide under my desk in grade school.

Yeah, I remember doing that in school. 'Cause everyone knows a bit of tubular steel and pressboard is going to protect you in the event of a nuclear blast.
You mean to tell me that there is a "button" that has “Ballistic missile threat inbound to Hawaii. Seek immediate shelter. This is not a drill.” some how attached to it and that no one had to type this particular specific message into the system?

Is there another "button" for "Tsunami threat inbound to Hawaii. Seek immediate shelter."?

And another one for a meteor threat, an Alien invasion and Godzilla?

The idea that the alert could be sent out accidentally by "one person during a shift change" is complete BS.

Hawaii state is without a doubt incompetent, but there is no way the alert system didn't already have a two person (at least) multi layered fail safe program in place to prevent accidental alerts.
quote:
Originally posted by Mangosteen

... there is no way the alert system didn't already have a two person (at least) multi layered fail safe program in place to prevent accidental alerts.

It will now!