Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
School Walkouts
stop handing out machine guns to anyone who wants them?

Wait, you mean "abide by the existing rules and laws (for everyone)"?

From wahine's link:
< Federal law defines a machine gun as “any weapon which shoots, is designed to shoot, or can be readily restored to shoot, automatically more than one shot, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger.” >

Now excuse me for my lack of a debilitating gun fetish, but I think that covers AR-15s as well.

"Oh, you mean thermonuclear, you said nuclear, now that's a whole different kettle of fish there my man"
KJ, still waiting to hear how many dead school children a year is acceptable for you. 26 is way too few, apparently.
Choose your number wisely, we may surpass it this year and then what are you going to do? March?
The kid in Maryland used his father's gun, no doubt brought into the house "to protect the family". When will people wise up?
I think the NRA is about to lose a member.
quote:
Originally posted by PaulW

From wahine's link:
< Federal law defines a machine gun as “any weapon which shoots, is designed to shoot, or can be readily restored to shoot, automatically more than one shot, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger.” >

Now excuse me for my lack of a debilitating gun fetish, but I think that covers AR-15s as well.

"Oh, you mean thermonuclear, you said nuclear, now that's a whole different kettle of fish there my man"

PaulW - yes, you are clueless.
Old Croc, have you ever been to Switzerland? I have. It's no USA. There is little diversity and it's homogeneous. In general this reduces social conflicts.
----------
So I guess that WALL makes sense?
Eric 1600: I have not been to Switzerland since the 1970s. I agree that it is no USA, and as I said in my OP, neither is Australia.
There is little diversity and it's homogeneous. In general this reduces social conflicts.
----------
So I guess that WALL makes sense?

Yes!
Because with the homogeneous population of the US which consists of:
Native Americans
Spanish
English
French
African
German
Scandinavian
Irish
Chinese
Japanese
Etc

all we have to do now is build a wall with Mexico (and make them pay for it), and we can keep all that diversity (and it's dangers) out of our country.

If you want to combine the dual pleasures of insanity and social acceptance, religion is your only choice. - Last Aphorisms
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
So we all agree that Switzerland is nothing like the USA. So why mention them?
Surf is big, keep safe everyone.