Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Huge EARTHQUAKE
I noticed that there has been several shakers up at the VNP... there has been a lack of activity up there the last few days and now a swarm going on....

Still getting aftershocks in Mt. view, that was really frightening, felt like my house was going to fall right off the posts. The air outside is now 100% sulfur.
I thing the USGS site is broken!!! It is showing older data from about 11:23 and nothing newer....

Went through the Northridge quake. Let's hope we don't go that big of bigger. We had aftershocks bigger than what we just had . Let's just say I feel real lucky so far. Not to say it's not sad lava is pouring out of my property in leilani
It's working for me Royall, it's showing a constant string of earthquakes, 5.3, 4.2, 3.6, 3.7, 3, 2.4, 3.3, lastly a 1.8 most recently.

Aloha Smile
Aloha Smile
USGS just got updated.. fist shock is now shown to be 5.7 and with 4 aftershocks of 3.0 and greater.

The USGS site seems to be (understandably) overwhelmed. Numbers keep changing and individual events come and go on both the map and chart. It may take a while to settle down, just like some of us. We have several long-time resident friends over for pizza, and we all agreed that the biggest of today's felt stronger than a 5.3.
I agree Chunkster... Now I'm not getting the newest data and the first shaker is back to 5.3... I'm sure 5.7 is more realistic!! LOL Got my attention!! LOL

This URL is more reliable than the other one:

https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/...%3Anull%7D
OK... other site finally matches what you posted Terracore.. Must be a few people interested in what is going on to lock it up like that!! LOL