Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2018 Hurricane Season
Only 10 more days until Hurricane season ...Yeah,
At least it'll be something different to worry and talk about.

Remember last year the first storm had an early preseason start.
Maybe we'll get lucky and it'll happen again.
Can you imagine having a serious eruption while a hurricane is making landfall?
Talk about interesting!
- - - - - - - - - - -
Was a Democrat until gun control became a knee jerk, then a Republican until the crazies took over, back to being a nonpartisan again.
This time, I can no longer participate in the primary.
For the last couple of years, I've created a hurricane thread so that all the information could be collated in one place. Before that, we had threads for any storm that might affect Hawaii and it was difficult to follow.

I'd be more than happy if you rename this thread "2018 Hurricane Season" so I don't have to do any more work! I was going to start that thread at the end of the month.
OK Tom, how's that?
- - - - - - - - - - -
Was a Democrat until gun control became a knee jerk, then a Republican until the crazies took over, back to being a nonpartisan again.
This time, I can no longer participate in the primary.
Brilliant!
I talked to several climatologists and they predict this to NOT be an El Nino year,
But unfortunately the great barrier reef is seeing a warming trend
Aloha

Dan D
HPP

HPP
2018 Lavacane Season, with 150 MPH flying lava spatter and gusts of sulphuric and hydrochloric acid laze! What's worse than falling albezia? Flying burning albezia covered with rabid mongoose! Run for the mauka, but be careful which mauka! Megahurriruption!!!
http://tropic.ssec.wisc.edu/real-time/mi.../main.html

A link we like showing SST ( real time sea surface temps ) .
Hope this link works and is helpful .
Mrs.Mimosa
quote:
Originally posted by randomq

2018 Lavacane Season, with 150 MPH flying lava spatter and gusts of sulphuric and hydrochloric acid laze! What's worse than falling albezia? Flying burning albezia covered with rabid mongoose! Run for the mauka, but be careful which mauka! Megahurriruption!!!

you have a good sense of humor randomQ, I approve [:o)]

Aloha Smile
Aloha Smile
A link we like showing ...( real time sea surface temps ) .

Thank you Mrs. Mimosa!
I've been looking for that.

Portion of Hawaii’s drinking water that comes from underground wells : 9/10
Gallons of raw sewage that leak into the ground from Hawaii cesspools each day : 53,000,000 - Harper's Index
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
quote:
Originally posted by Mimosa

http://tropic.ssec.wisc.edu/real-time/mi.../main.html

A link we like showing SST ( real time sea surface temps ) .
Hope this link works and is helpful .
Mrs.Mimosa

Mahalo Mrs M...may I offer the following site as well

https://www.ventusky.com/?p=19.7;-155.1;4&l=wind

i find very useful the participation, thunderstorm, and wave/swell direction/height info, very convenient with Ventusky...can be accessed by clicking the temperature button on the port side of the page. I also like particular info associated with the cursor