Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
reasons to move to Hawaii
I'm tired of negativity. I would like to know some brief reasons why someone should move to Hawaii. In particular, why should medical personnel, skilled tradesmen, and entrepreneurs move there. Any takers?

All right! Just a few to get started:

1. Great weather (Who minds a little rain? My garden is lush and beautiful.)

2. Fabulous recreational opportunities. Swimming, surfing, hiking, bird-watching, photography, canoeing, snorkeling, diving, just to name a few. And year round!

3. Unbelievable natural beauty of incredible variety.

4. Great neighborhoods and neighbors.

Wow, are we lucky or what? Just don't tell anybody outside the forum, OK?

Aloha,
Jerry

Edited by - JerryCarr on 08/22/2006 13:16:04
And the Aloha. I see it, feel it, and try to share it every day!

Bill

It was simple for me, I hate winters and snow. Trust me, it's a big motivation! Smile Seriously, I always wanted to live in a place with one season: summer. (Even though I didn't know such a place existed when I was six years old and I asked my Mom to move there!) Since I considered the US only, my choices were Florida, Puerto Rico and Hawaii. The first two didn't make me feel like "home" but Hawaii did. (Unfortunately, Hawaii is losing some of the features that made it so attractive to begin with.)

Aloha,
John S. Rabi, ABR,CM,CRB,FHS,PB,RB
http://www.JohnRabi.com
Typically Tropical Properties
75-5870 Walua Road, Suite 101
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
(808)327-3185

Edited by - John S. Rabi on 08/22/2006 14:09:00
This is what I think of the Kona Board of Realtors: http://www.nsm88.org/aboutus.html

You know I don't think the leaving thread is meant to be negative. Perhaps it is just some guide posts for people to consider who might want to relocate. This is healthy conversation that needs to be brought into the light of day I think. I appreciate it also.

That being said, I love Hawaii, from the moment I get off the plane I feel a different person, at ease and at home all in one breath. The air, the people, the vegetation resonate a sense of peacefulness. The weather is the best, rain or shine and all. The fact that the maximum speed limit is 55 MPH is a plus in my estimation.

That I never will be expected to wear cloths I don't find comfortable, or shoes I don't like to please someone else is wonderful and a freeing experience. Society here is so non judgemental I feel.

There seems to be an acceptance floating in the air. Possibly the ocean ions?

To live on an island where the earth is rebirthing itself is so incredible to me. To be able to hike, swim, explore, it is all so affirming of spirit. And then you have the gardens, nothing more I could want! If I have to bring a few books on doctoring myself, like so many people in third world nations have to do, well so be it. We can't live forever yet and I plan on wearing myself out before I get too old, and I want to do it in Hawaii! Aloha, Mella

PS. Should mention also that I plan to take good care of the aina and to give what I can back thru my neighborhood, my contacts and volunteering. It will be a privilege to serve now that I don't have to do the 24/7 9-5 thing anymore.

mella l

Edited by - mella l on 08/22/2006 13:59:17
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
Our Top 10 Reasons to Move Here:
10. Excellant University (studying Environmental & Marine Science), esp. with new supercomputer donated
9.Only state University with Marine studies that has coral nearby and is not Florida.
8.It was far from some relatives (see #9)
7.Property tax assesments were 1/10th our previous house.
6.Property values were less than our Suburban Chicago.
5 Weather was much better than Suburban Chicago.
4 This county is far more geological interesting than our last.
3.A big town with an international airport is less than 10 miles from home.
2.Home is in a small town with a local farmers market
1.IT'S HAWAII!
Aloha, Carey

Edited by - Carey on 08/22/2006 22:36:44
to be surrounded by such natural and diverse beauty is inspirational but the people and the aloha is what makes it so special, without that it would just be another vacation destination.I have never been anywhere else that was so accepting of everyone and where you were judged by what is in your heart and not what is in your wallet.

John R summed it up for me. WARM and no winters. I kept moving further south to be a little warmer (started from Tacoma). I reached a point 6 miles north of the California boarder (Brookings). I refused to move to California. Didn’t like Florida but fell in love with Hawaii! I knew when I got to Hana, on Maui that I found the climate I loved. Lucky though I found the same climate in Puna. I couldn’t live on an island the size of Maui.

Royall

What goes around comes around!

All of the reasons cited above are good for anyone who might be interested in moving to Hawaii. Lee asked specifically about reasons for medical personnel, skilled tradesmen, and entrepreneurs; for them there is an additional factor: opportunity. There is obviously a great need for more of these people in Hawaii, and anyone in those categories who does move will be greatly appreciated just for doing so. They will also find less competition here than in most other areas, giving them the chance to become successful more quickly. On top of all that, they will be in Hawaii, which for many of them would be sufficient reason in itself.

Howard
to get away from the "rat" race