Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our Island Neighbor, Roseanne Barr
Roseanne Barr lives in a sprawling hillside home on the Hamakua Coast. She has made videos of her life as a farmer, a macadamia nut farmer. You’ve probably seen some of her other comments recently - - so bring it on home Roseanne:

“I was afraid to go out, and also because when you’re called a racist and you live on an island full of brown people, it’s kind of terrifying.”
https://people.com/tv/roseanne-barr-clai...ed-hawaii/

Thank you Roseanne. That certainly clears up any uncertainty about your previous comments.

“Generalized intelligence and mental alertness are the most powerful enemies of dictatorship and at the same time the basic conditions of effective democracy.” - Aldous Huxley
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
loosen up
Sounds like there may be a Hamakua "fire sale" soon!!!
after reading the article, in context she is as bad as that chick who paraded around with trumps severed head...man!
Perhaps the poor lady accidentally put her foot in her mouth--more than oncer.
I'd guess a lot of that article is written by clueless folks. I like the part where she hid in her mother's basement in Hawaii for two months. We have basements around here?

FWIW, I've met her around town here a couple of times. In person she's a lot quieter and comes across as a normal person, I'm not sure how much of what we see is done for the cameras or what. Hollywood is weird.

"I like yard sales," he said. "All true survivalists like yard sales."
Kurt Wilson

"I like yard sales," he said. "All true survivalists like yard sales." 
Kurt Wilson
what do you expect from the lying idiot supporter?
I thought she moved to Maui?

Freedom of speech. But, there are consequences to the things we say. Comparing a black woman to an ape is racist.

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP
"because when you’re called a racist and you live on an island full of brown people, it’s kind of terrifying."

Nope, not racist at all....

Mike in HPP