Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ruggles Excused
quote:
Originally posted by HereOnThePrimalEdge

If you have any evidence to the contrary, please share.

Please see my post on the previous page (page 4) of this thread, in part:

On January 24, 1895 Queen Liliuokalani signed the final document abdicating her throne and swearing allegiance to the Republic of Hawaii, as well as an Oath of Loyalty to the Republic of Hawaii. It's not a popular document among Kingdom of Hawaii idealists which is why they prefer to talk about the events of 1893...

I think this post pretty well sums up the response:

https://hawaiiankingdom.org/blog/the-que...m-in-1895/

These endless machinations over minute inconsequential details concerning what is legal, what’s not legal, what is allowed into the discussion, what’s not allowed - - reminds me of the remnants of the Confederacy. They insist on waving the Stars & Bars, while sitting around a table cluttered with dead soldiers (otherwise known as empty beer bottles), tipped aside, and when the pressure on their bladder reaches the breaking point, they get up to take a whizz while whooping “the South’s gonna rise agin’!”

Yes it is. I’m sure there’s legal precedent that General Lee & President What’s His Name never signed a legal document if you squint hard enough and look long enough at all possible definitions of ever word.

Senior members of the Trump Administration described Trump's mood Wednesday as "volcanic." Wed, Sept 6, 2018
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
In June she said:

"“In the next six months I plan on finishing strong. I will continue to focus on our district, fight regressive tax increases, stand up for our disadvantaged populations and protect our natural resources."

Instead she has chosen to do nothing because she thinks serving as an elected official could be a war crime. Mental breakdown perhaps? I can't think of any other explanation. It'll be interesting to keep track of her social media in future.
First they ignore you
. . . . . . . . . <------ Counsel Kamelamela, you are here
then they laugh at you
. . . . . . . . . <------ HereOnThePrimalEdge, you are here
then they fight you
. . . . . . . . .
then you win.

Mahatma Gandhi
quote:
Originally posted by HereOnThePrimalEdge

These endless machinations over minute inconsequential details concerning what is legal, what’s not legal, what is allowed into the discussion, what’s not allowed - - reminds me of the remnants of the Confederacy. They insist on waving the Stars & Bars, while sitting around a table cluttered with dead soldiers (otherwise known as empty beer bottles), tipped aside, and when the pressure on their bladder reaches the breaking point, they get up to take a whizz while whooping “the South’s gonna rise agin’!”

Yes it is. I’m sure there’s legal precedent that General Lee & President What’s His Name never signed a legal document if you squint hard enough and look long enough at all possible definitions of ever word.

Senior members of the Trump Administration described Trump's mood Wednesday as "volcanic." Wed, Sept 6, 2018

hmmm, apples and oranges time?

Was the Confedracy recognized by any foreign government?
https://history.state.gov/milestones/186...onfederacy

Was the Hawaiian Kingdom recognized by any foreign government?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_bi..._of_Hawaii
I like the idea of HOTPE taking the role of the British Empire (he is occupied in the Sandwich Islands you know) - makes this thread all seem so epic. Maybe I'll help march to the sea and make Pohoiki salt and sit in my homespun loin cloth just to spite his imperialist prerogatives.

Jen is clearly popular with some of her constituents, even at the outrage of others. Not big tent politics, but she is not looking at being a career politician. As for her father's felonies, he's a criminal for growing marijuana, but Richard Ha is an entrepreneur for growing marijuana and the only way to tell the difference is what paperwork they did or did not have? Again, sometimes I wonder where people on punaweb are coming from (maybe soviet Russia? In Puna, you roll papers. In Hilo, Papers roll you!)

then they fight you
. . . . . . . . .
then you win.
Mahatma Gandhi

When Gandhi spoke those words the number of English in India was roughly 250,000 (probably less). India was not an integral part of Great Britain like Wessex or Wales. The population of India at that same time was 390,000,000.

Hawaii is an integral part of America, it’s a state. Native Hawaiians do not outnumber everyone else at 1500+ to 1. Good quote, but probably not applicable in this particular situation.

"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Riversnout,

I can respect your point of view. What I can't respect is Jen profiting by playing on both sides of the field. You can't question the legitimacy of a government and refuse to participate it on moral grounds while at the same time happily cashing the checks you "earn" as a participant in that government.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/first-...gnore-you/

ETA: Gandhi didn't say that.
I like the idea of HOTPE taking the role of the British Empire (he is occupied in the Sandwich Islands

It’s the last primal outpost of the Sandwich Islands out here... where I spend my days deciding whether I should continue my personal diplomatic recognition of Jen Ruggles, she is after all still officially a member of the Hawaii County Council, or do I take a stand, and snub her as she’s not a functioning political representative, she’s denied herself and therefore the people she represents a vote in Council meetings and transformed not into a swan, but an ineffectual lame duck. She’s removed herself from a seat at the table, and not allowed someone else to take her place. What to do?

So many questions, and not a single answer apparent.