Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ruggles Excused
HereOnThePrimalEdge - What to do? So many questions, and not a single answer apparent.

It is clear the situation compels, nay demands, you to take action to secure your interests over others. Ruggles has become a yes-man, silently voicing her approval to all measures affecting her contituents and all constituents equally. This blind even-handessness cannot be tolerated lest equity ensue. The district 5 pear is now fully ripe and this is the golden hour for you to pluck it.
I told my boss I'm not signing in (though I do still expect my pay) as of Monday unless she can prove I'm not committing genocide by doing so. Haven't heard back yet.

I hope Ms Ruggles is okay.
Ironyak, are you rationalizing the illegal growing and sales of marijuana? Sometimes ya gotta wait till the laws are changed, even if you think they are stupid. Or you need to find a legally protected way around it. You want pervasive lawlessness? How about Mexico? Seems the cartels do whatever they feel like doing.

edit to add: Now I can't find your post I was responding to. Perhaps you edited it as well.
Punatic007 - Ironyak, are you rationalizing the illegal growing and sales of marijuana

Yes. Cultivation causes the same harm or benefit and has the same moral standing regardless of the legal status. Prohibition has imprisoned millions of non-violent offenders, at the cost of billions of tax payers dollars sent to enrich the private prison industry, and has never prevented access to illegal substances. From its racist origins against Mexican immigrants, to the government's flooding of poor black communities with crack, to the disproportionately heavy sentencing of minorities as compared to whites, the notion that the War on Drugs has been about upholding the law is laughable given its history.

As for Mexico, the cartels exist because of the illegality of drugs in the U.S., creating the black market economy. Many states have figured out that the open market works better and have chosen legalization. Once the illicit market is gone, the cartels will no longer have money to make in the U.S.

Like for many other social issues, it takes time for society to catch up with the free thinking rebels that forge their own paths. Unfortunately, Mike has been caught in the insanity of the state and federal governments being unable to reconcile their legal frameworks, much like Roger Christie, and might have to exercise some patience waiting for enough people to force this issue. To borrow from other civil liberty struggles - the arc of history is long, but it bends towards justice.

Are you sure you live in lower Puna? I find it strange to be having this debate outside of a church social or a red state Smile
Now this I can get behind. It's quite a bit different than building shacks and letting your waste flow into your neighbor's yard.
Some laws are worth challenging. If only he had been more careful about this so he looked more like a drug campaigner than a drug dealer. I hope he wins and drugs are liberalized.

"the government's flooding of poor black communities with crack" Uh, you don't help the campaign with crazy talk.
PaulW - "the government's flooding of poor black communities with crack" Uh, you don't help the campaign with crazy talk.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/1...61748.html
More than 18 years have passed since Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Gary Webb stunned the world with his “Dark Alliance” newspaper series investigating the connections between the CIA, a crack cocaine explosion in the predominantly African-American neighborhoods of South Los Angeles, and the Nicaraguan Contra fighters — scandalous implications that outraged LA’s black community, severely damaged the intelligence agency’s reputation and launched a number of federal investigations.

https://nsarchive2.gwu.edu//NSAEBB/NSAEBB2/index.html
Evidence that NSC Staff Supported Using Drug Money to Fund the Contras

Got to raise those funds somehow for your covert coup against a sovereign democratic nation. Sorry to go so far afield, but for the Feds to accuse Mike of being a felon while having supported these activities, and worse, is criminally hypocritical.
“the government's flooding of poor black communities with crack" Uh, you don't help the campaign with crazy talk.

If only.
There are plenty of accounts about the Iran-Contra import operations. The recent film American Made (starring Tom Cruise as a CIA recruited drug runner pilot) will provide the basic background, embellished Hollywood style. Once the government learned how to funnel the vast amounts of untraceable cash generated by drug sales to their black ops overseas, they didn’t care how if affected the inner cities.

Just like the Green Harvest operations in Hawaii, the government benefited, individuals not so much. Take the weed off the street, replace it with ice. How did that work out for the average Joe?

Senior members of the Trump Administration described Trump's mood Wednesday as "volcanic." Wed, Sept 6, 2018
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Agree with the sovereignty angle or don't, but she is working for and representing you. Besides they are just a few months left in her term, so this is all much ado about nothing.

Honestly, isn't this par for the course in Puna?
isn't this par for the course in Puna?

Welcome to Puna Golf Links.

Please read our rules and regulations before playing a round:
1) Greens are limited.
2) Most everything is "the rough."
3) There are no holes, as such. If your ball falls into something, you can call that a hole.
4) Some of the area is private property, but don't worry about the owners - - the government won't let them on their land.
5) Do not, however, play in areas with Civil Defense or DLNR agents or officials on duty, they might take your club. Even if you're playing through on your own deeded property.
5) Play, or don't play, it's up to you.
6) Enjoy!

Senior members of the Trump Administration described Trump's mood Wednesday as "volcanic." Wed, Sept 6, 2018
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
AaronM - much ado about nothing. Honestly, isn't this par for the course in Puna?

I saw Zendo Kern at County Council the other day, helping a family get their lot subdivided to pass along a portion to their children. I'm sure if Zendo can find life and meaningful work after his controversial time on the Council, Jen will do so as well - she'll emerge healthier, wealthier, and wiser (yep I said wealthier, oh the injustice). For all those with vacation rentals it's probably best for you that she is not attending Council and coming up with new fines - silver linings, gift horses, and all that.