Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monday Town Hall with Ruggles
Strange that if something is so "obvious" that 99.99% of people would disagree with you. Hawaii is a US state, now that is obvious.
The issue is crystal clear, as anybody will see with even the most basic research.... what is to be done about it? Just continue on and ignore it or try to make it right?

At this point, it is anything but crystal clear. When people go to court or file petitions it's because they believe they are right. There is almost always another side that thinks they are wrong.

If it goes to court, the court makes a decision based on the evidence that is allowed to be submitted. Even in the US Supreme Court, cases are often decided on a 5-4 decision. It's rare the decision is easy, or unanimous - - or crystal clear.

Then whichever side wins, the other side appeals, or in the case of a higher court, the final arbiter, they bide their time until justices are replaced or public opinion moves in the other direction.

Remember, there are people who truly believe in their cause and devote their life to it. There are others who find supporters to give them money while they file motions, write letters or manage protests so they don't have to get a 9 to 5 job. I have no idea whether Dr. Sai is one or the other, or whether his checkered past would indicate one way or the other. Even if it does, some people can change.

As PaulW sated, "I hope it's a cause worth supporting."

“It's tremendously big and tremendously wet, tremendous amounts of water.”
"The wettest we've ever seen from the standpoint of water." President Donald J. Trump describing an active hurricane on Tue, Sept 11, 2018 & Sept 18, 2018
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
quote:
Originally posted by PaulW

Strange that if something is so "obvious" that 99.99% of people would disagree with you. Hawaii is a US state, now that is obvious.

The US Senate voting to make Hawai'i a state is the same as the US Senate voting to make Canada a state. It doesn't work that way.
The US Senate voting to make Hawai'i a state is the same as the US Senate voting to make Canada a state. It doesn't work that way.

The US Senate AND the people of Canada voting to make Canada a state would be a better example of the way it works.

"The wettest we've ever seen from the standpoint of water." President Donald J. Trump describing an active hurricane on Tue, Sept 11, 2018 & Sept 18, 2018
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
I wonder what your best-case scenario is. If the current residents of Hawaii are allowed to decide on their future then I think it's quite certain that they will vote to remain a US state. So, you either deny basic rights to over a million people, or you don't and things stay as they are anyway.

So I vote for "continue on and ignore it".
If the current residents of Hawaii are allowed to decide on their future

Not happening: GET increase? Rail? Keeping people from their homes? Marijuana?
quote:
Originally posted by riversnout

quote:
Originally posted by Obie

[quote]
He has sued President's Obama and Trump, filed war crimes charges against several Hawaii judges and none of it has gone anywhere.

On August 29, 2018, Assistant United States Attorney for the District of Columbia Rhonda L. Campbell sent a communication to Dr. David Keanu Sai, Chairman of the Council of Regency and Petitioner for an extension to respond to the Emergency Petition for Writ of Mandamus filed with the United States District Court for the District of Columbia.

“Sir: I will be requesting a 30-day extension of time, to and through, October 10, 2018, to Answer or otherwise respond to your complaint. Please inform me of your position. Thank you.”

The emergency Petition is based on this memo :

The suit comes on the heels of the February 25 memorandum written by Dr. Alfred M. deZayas – the United Nations Independent Expert under the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights – to members of the judiciary of the State of Hawai‘i advising the courts “should not lend themselves to a flagrant violation of the rights of the land title holders” and “must not enable or collude in the wrongful taking of private lands”, based on the understanding that Hawaii is a “sovereign nation-state in continuity” which is “under a strange form of occupation by the United States resulting from an illegal military occupation and fradulent annexation.”

This is the same guy.

GENEVA - Promoters of the UN's hypocrisy-ridden Human Rights Council say it's been reformed. Yet the 47-nation body stooped to a new low today by installing a top official whose life's work — authoring books on World War II — make Germans the victims and the Allies the war criminals.

Alfred de Zayas made his first appearance this afternoon as the council's "Independent Expert on the promotion of a democratic and equitable international order."
"The US Senate voting to make Hawai'i a state is the same as the US Senate voting to make Canada a state. It doesn't work that way."

Not a sound comparison at all; Canada is a nation. Has been so for a long time.

The Hawaiians were no more a nation than the many Native American tribes that some revisionists today claim were 500 nations.

Hawaiians' concept of a nation probably arose when the Europeans gave the idea to Kamehameha I, who after taking over the Big Island, attacked the other islands with great violence around 1800.

Hawaii might have a stronger case to independence than some Indian tribes, but very old history here. Comparing what might have been 100-200 years ago to today? Quite the pipe dream.
the UN's hypocrisy-ridden Human Rights Council... stooped to a new low today by installing a top official whose life's work — authoring books on World War II — make Germans the victims and the Allies the war criminals.

So the Hawaiian Kingdom will pin their hopes on a supporter of Nazis & the Third Reich? Well, I suppose that would have made it easier to accept Japan’s bombing and subsequent invasion of the Hawaiin Kingdom on December 7, 1941. Germany, Japan and Hawaii all would have been on the same side, even sooner.

That's not quite the case, he was speaking up for the ethnic Germans who were forcefully removed from areas (where they had lived for centuries) after the end of the war. But anyway.

If Ruggles gives back all the money she has earned from participating in these war crimes and leaves Hawaii, then I'll take her seriously.