Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monday Town Hall with Ruggles
If she cannot/will not represent her district, she should resign and stop collecting the paycheck that is funded by taxpayers of what she considers an illegal occupation. Her hypocrisy is astounding.
I've noticed time and time again that people on this forum exhibit a real tunnel vision. It would be great if we got rid of the good ole boys, and then they would be replaced by *other* corrupt people who are less haole. Ultimately, only the ohana of the corrupt will benefit, if we aren't in that circle, nothing will change.

Another thing, you guys are really focused on one lady and her salary. Meanwhile, there are government employees in a big ass tractor mowing the side of the road down by South Point for *miles* where there are *no signs*. Why is he mowing the side of the road if there's no signs for the grass to obscure? I see this all the time, gov't employees doing stuff that makes Jen sitting on her salary actually look noble, because she's done something at some point. Plenty of folks who take a paycheck in this system have done nothing useful at any point. You guys should be focusing on the bigger waste of money of paying an employee to run a tractor for miles for no discernible reason.

Aloha Smile
Aloha Smile
Meanwhile, there are government employees in a big ass tractor mowing the side of the road down by South Point for *miles*

County jobs to replace sugar mill jobs. Drive to the Community Center in Pahala during the noon hour any Monday through Friday, except holidays too numerous to list. The parking lot is full of County vehicles of all types, each filled with multiple workers on their lunch break. It's a little village. What can they all possibly do?

“It's tremendously big and tremendously wet, tremendous amounts of water.”
"The wettest we've ever seen from the standpoint of water." President Donald J. Trump describing an active hurricane on Tue, Sept 11, 2018 & Sept 18, 2018
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Short of the apocalypse, the Hawaiian Kingdom will never be in power. Even then, the lazy grifters that use an idealized past to swindle the dreamers and disaffected of their cash will no longer have handouts to survive on. Anyone who even remotely entertains the notion that some altruistic royalty will come to power, to their benefit no less, is a sucker.

So, might makes right? It won't happen because....it won't happen? Are these nation-states that have constitutional monarchies also an illusion?

Antigua and Barbuda
Australia
Bahamas
Bahrain
Barbados
Belgium
Belize
Bhutan
Cambodia
Canada
Denmark
Grenada
Jamaica
Japan
Jordan
Kuwait
Lesotho
Liechtenstein
Luxembourg
Malaysia
Monaco
Morocco
Netherlands
New Zealand
Norway
Papua New Guinea
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Lucia
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Solomon Islands
Spain
Sweden
Thailand
Tonga
Tuvalu
United Kingdom

Sometimes in this world, the big bully wins. On rare occasions, justice prevails.
riversnout -
If you have time, you should do some in depth reading on the countries you listed, For example, you wish to include Australia, Bahamas, Canada... other members of the British Empire? Is their monarch Australian, Bahamian, Canadian, etc. or English? Even Britain's Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip are German by bloodline, not English.

Then look into places like Tonga. I doubt very much you would want to be the subject of their King.

Make a list of Hawaiian Kings. How many would you choose to live under? There were good members of the Hawaiian royal family, and there were bad. Their position was not based on skilled leadership abilities, but of bloodline which might be good for immediate family members, but not always so great for their loyal subjects.

“It's tremendously big and tremendously wet, tremendous amounts of water.”
"The wettest we've ever seen from the standpoint of water." President Donald J. Trump describing an active hurricane on Tue, Sept 11, 2018 & Sept 18, 2018
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Their position was not based on skilled leadership abilities, but of bloodline which might be good for immediate family members, but not always so great for their loyal subjects.

King Kim.
"Is there even one person on Punaweb who doesn't think that this a ploy to invalidate her Dad's upcoming trial ?"

Yep, that's starting to look like the most likely motivation. That convicted felon "Keanu" (not his actual name) probably told her he can work miracles in court rooms.

I don't know how bright Ms. Ruggles is but surely she has heard of this Hawaii Kingdom thing before, and didn't just discover it and wants to tell everyone about her fantastic new discovery.
So it's to be a constitutional monarchy? Does it mean we get to vote? All of us?
Ms Ruggles is not `Fresh off the Boat`, ran against a native Hawaiian, Danny Paleka in 2016. From her record, would seem to be very bright & fairly well versed in things that would lead one to believe she was well aware of the Sovereignty movement prior to late August, 2018...

"University of Hawai`i at Hilo College of Business and Economics

Bachelor’s in Business Administration with Specialization in Management

Ku`ikahi Mediation Center Basic Mediation Training (2014) ( https://www.hawaiimediation.org/training.html )

In the Eye of the Storm Leadership Training by Peter Adler (2012) ( http://www.eyeofthestormleadership.com )

Chicago National People’s Action Weeklong Intensive Training (2010) ( https://peoplesaction.org/programs/leade...velopment/ )

Hawai`i Community College Liberal Arts Degree in General Education (2009)

Kea`au High School Diploma (2006)

Maintained 4 year Honor Roll status.

Senior class representative, organized homecoming dance, Key Club volunteer, Recieved 2015 Cross Country “Most Improved Player” award.

Participated in track and field, cross country, and wrestling"