Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
solar farms: where are the Protectors?
http://www.westhawaiitoday.com/2018/11/0...y-meeting/

The site itself will stretch between 200-250 acres, Cooper said. It will consist of solar panels mounted 7 feet off the ground on single-axis, rotating trackers. He described the battery components as "no different than a standard shipping container" and not more than 10 feet tall, which will be distributed across the project site.

This sounds like far greater "desecration" than TMT. Will the "protectors" be working to stop it?
Waikaloa is not the Mauna

HPP

HPP

Sacred land is selectively enforced? I thought the whole island was sacred.
"Cooper described the land as relatively flat, unused and vacant. It does not possess prime soil, so it doesn’t subtract potentially valuable agricultural land from future development. The parcel isn’t immediately adjacent to any current houses or proposed developments"

I'm really at a loss as to why anyone would oppose this. But I remain confident someone will.

Some of the hotels when under construction were found to be located, coincidentally, on newly discovered sacred land. Hotels well after construction, like the Coco Palms recently on Kauai also were revealed to be on holy ground by descendants of royalty who later learned their ancestors were considerably less than ali’i. Lava is sacred when moving (Pele), and after it stops (County). There is no map, there are no boundaries.

It’s uncharted territory.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
There is no map, there are no boundaries.

What an amazing coincidence: it's almost exactly like "everything is ag (or conservation) unless you get a Special Permit".
quote:
Originally posted by PaulW

I'm really at a loss as to why anyone would oppose this. But I remain confident someone will.

So cynical! I clicked on the link and sure enough there were people complaining in the comments area. They thought we should just burn more fossil fuels and reject the solar farms. [:o)]
Here comes the anti-everything crowd:

https://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/201...r-project/

Here comes the anti-everything crowd...

Where? I went looking and didn't see nearly a one of them pesky critters? And I swear I looked.. having never seen a anti-everythinger myself I am curious what one looks like. leilanidude, any clues?
Have you checked the mirror?