Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kids Bikes
Anyone have any kids bikes to get rid of CHEAP????? Email Pam pslamont@yahoo.com

Just another day in P A R A D I S E !!
I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
This has been peeked at 32 times... one of you Must have a bicycle or two stashed out in the garage to sell. This is easier than recycling cans and bottles.. you get cash, junk out of the garage AND I come to you! What could be better? Beater bike is okay.... little is great but a full size one could work too.... come on now.. someone must have a bike or two stashed.... Pam

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
sorry Pam they just do not seem to last very long here RUST! But if you can rehab them try the Keaau Recycle place! If you have to buy replacement parts its probably the same as buying a new bike they are so cheap these days and the day after thanksgiving Walmart usually has them on sale for 20 to 40 bucks all sizes early bird specials.
Also try walmart as they have hit or miss marked down returns and you can always ask the manager if he can do better on the price.Smile But I'll keep me eyes out for ya.

thanks for the ideas... We actually got one... so need two more... but it's all good! Aloha All

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
Pam, I peeked, but will respond now (since I was found out!) We have gotten a few bikes (all sizes) at the Keaau transfer station, and one at the Goodwill Saturday storage shed open day (forget when it is...but they have them fairly regularly) Jim has worked on bikes for years, so he can tell a fixer from a junker. We will keep our eyes open for _______, but you forgot to put down a size or age for the bikes you need....
Still have the fence, and you did also want to take the posts too, right?
Aloha, Carey

Hi Pam--Are the bikes for the family who you have been helping? If so, perhaps if the Punawebbers who read this all made a small cash contribution you could buy a couple of bikes. I'd be happy to make a donation. Just an idea. What do you think?

Isa, I think that if everyone on here who cares a hoot sent me $5 we could indeed buy these kids bikes, or at least have the resources to fix up a couple of old ones.

My goal has been for a bike for a7, 6 and a 4 year old; we are talking little simple bikes. We called them "sting rays" in my day but I have no idea what they are called now. In a perfect world we could find a nice simple mountain bike for Dad too so he can ride with the kids. Of course, then there are helmets. But for starters, the kids are in a neighborhood now where no one is wearing helmets, there are lots of other little kids and they just ride around on the one street that is hardly traveled (it dead ends close to their place). These kids are simple and don't really care if they have new bikes or fixed up ones. They are currently sharing one that Chili gave us and are happy as can be with it....we just need two more!

Carey, your idea is excellent also. Keep your eyes peeled. I will work with you on this any way I can.

I must tell you all, your care and generosity has warmed my heart. It is Aloha in action. That is PUNA in a nutshell. I know I have asked a lot for these guys. I didn't know they existed six weeks ago. I have spent a large part of my adult life doing this sort of thing. Seeing them work hard (they even fit in helping me on the ranch in the garden and such), seeing dad "Hop To" when I got him a chance at a job at Miranda's feed store, and generally watching them help themselves has made it rewarding to give a bit of help. My husband says I have made a career of saving the world, one person at a time! My friend Patrick says that "If it weren't for the God thing and the Sex thing, you woulda been a nun". LOL.... My friend Shaaron says it doesn't matter how much money Bob makes on a job because I will give it away faster than he can earn it no matter what... Sheesh, am I really that bad?

I digress.... Thank you for your ideas. Isa, maybe you could start stalking everyone and put together a little bit of funds. I will leave that up to you.

Jim and Carey, I want the fence and the posts. In fact, I will try to come down today and get them. Phone me if you will be around. If you are out kayaking or having other fun, I will catch you home on Monday.

It's the wee hours.. I went to sleep a long time ago and just woke up. My internal clock is weird, and I do babble when half asleep, so now you all know me a little too well...

Okay, keep the ideas and help coming. I love you guys!

Pam

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
Thanks Pam! I'll start the donations for the bikes with a $25 contribution. If anyone else would like to contribute cash, or a Walmart gift card toward the purchase of two more bikes, please email me at haawina1@yahoo.com

I checked the prices of bikes on Walmart.com and there are a couple for small children for under $50. I don't know if it would be more at our Hilo Walmart than on their website (since most things seem to cost more here). But, I would think that the cost would still be reasonable. I'll check the Hilo Walmart this week and let you know.

Pam, where should be send the checks or gift cards?

isa

I say, hold on to them till you and I can get together and go to Walmart and buy the bikes. If we get cash and not wal mart gift cards, we can always see if Carey and Jim come up with fixers that we can buy parts for. Whatever ends up working. Keep me posted on progress. ... and MAHALO for starting it off so generously! Aloha!

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
Thanks Pam!

Again, anyone who would like to contribute cash, or a Walmart gift card toward the purchase of two more bikes, please email me at haawina1@yahoo.com

Thanks!