Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Southwest Airlines - announcement coming..
This is great! An omniscient mind reader on Punaweb. One who already knows what we know without waiting for a reply. A man who saves valuable time by asking a question then answering it, sometimes within a single sentence.

Not only that but he puts us in our place. Tells us how ignorant we are. Speaks truths to our lies. Without as much where would we be?
I don't know why you guys feel a need for a "gotcha". If you recall, I issued a benign comment about how we prefer Jet Blue, and ldude embarrassed himself in a failed gotcha attempt that assumed, incorrectly, that I had ever said I currently lived in Hawaii or Puna. Why he felt a need to attack me for my benign observation about Jet Blue, I don't know, but he did, to his or her embarrassment.

When I accurately noted, based on several years of direct and specific consultation with numerous people people in-the-know, that Hawaii is boater-unfriendly I was once again attempted to be put in my place.

So, if one can't take it, don't dish it out in the first place, for I will not let it go unresponded.

In closing I wish you a Very Happy New Year.

Speaking Truth to Lies / Facts to Ignorance
Wow, you folks are like a couple dogs playing tug of war with an old sock. Expect for the exercise I don't get the point.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
They attack, I defend. For me, that is the point.

Oh yes, almost forgot. have a Very Happy New Year.

Speaking Truth to Lies / Facts to Ignorance
flight testing underway - ground crew to report for work soon

https://beatofhawaii.com/southwest-hawai...ne-update/
quote:
Originally posted by Bullwinkle

flight testing underway - ground crew to report for work soon

https://beatofhawaii.com/southwest-hawai...ne-update/

Thanks for the link. Doesn’t look like Hilo will be a priority...more like an afterthought?

January 2019 to June 2019

#9992; Commencement of flights to Honolulu/Maui
#9992; Flights extensions to Kona and Lihue
#9992; Flights from Los Angeles to Hawaii
#9992; Direct flights commence to Kona and Lihue
#9992; Additional Hawaii interisland flights including Hilo

Cheers,
Kirt
According to a friend in the airline business (Delta management) there are "opportunities" for Southwest in interisland travel that other mainland based airlines have passed on. She mentioned their point to point flying model and rapid on-ground turnaround of aircraft as the differentiating factors. Efficient aircraft utilization allowing interisland runs between mainland runs was one specific thing she mentioned, but she didn't go into details.
Another reason most other airlines have passed on interisland is they operate mixed fleets of aircraft to Hawaii.Most of these aircraft are too large and take too long to turn to be able to make any money.

ETOPs qualified aircraft require specially trained technicians and are equipped differently than non ETOPs.Everyone involved on the Techops side has to have specialized training and ETOPs / non ETOPs fleets are segregated.
"7. Hilo is on the Southwest Hawaii map according to SWA executives. We aren’t clear if that will be inter-island only, or if a San Diego or Oakland to Hilo flight is a possibility. There is only one flight at present between the mainland and Hilo."

Lots of ramp and empty terminal space too....is SW being cagey?

Hoping they are and eyeing Hilo as a hub
"Lots of ramp and empty terminal space too....is SW being cagey? "

My wife and I have flown the United non stop to Lax a few times in the last couple of months.It's half full at best.

Most of the very best vacation rentals and tourist destinations were destroyed by the eruption.Only about 1/3 of VNP is open.VIS on Mauna Kea closed.
No flowing lava.

Need I go on ?

As a retired airline employee I can fly on United for $85.00 but it's space available.So this is a great time for me but I still fly Delta if the United flight looks anywhere near full.