Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Water Bottling Plant in Hilo Proposed
quote:
Originally posted by Open-d

quote:
Originally posted by HereOnThePrimalEdge

Frankly, the U.S. has done a great deal... Air Pollution levels are way down from peak,

They were down, not any more:

CO2 Emissions Reached an All-Time High in 2018
The uptick follows several years of relatively flat emissions, underscoring the urgency of climate action

https://www.scientificamerican.com/artic...h-in-2018/

I said air pollution, NOT plant food, i.e. CO2. If you want a green planet, CO2 is key. Plants use solar power to separate the carbon and oxygen, use the carbon to make cellulose and release the oxygen. While, technically it is listed as a greenhouse gas, it is far from being the most important one.

Also, I am referring to a much longer period than a few years. In the 70s, Denver was bathed in a brown cloud. Ditto for Los Angeles etc. Things are much better now.

Speaking Truth to Lies / Facts to Ignorance

Oh my. The point is completely missed.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Perhaps not the best time to inject humor (Carlin) but what the heck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rld0KDcan_w
The emissions in the US were down.
inject humor (Carlin)

Thanks MarkD. Man, that Carlin was a funny guy.

He's was wrong on some of his topics though. We humans do need to be aware of how we are destroying the environment and need to think of our grandchildren and theirs. Using humor to lighten that issue doesn't make me change my mind.
We are NOT destroying the environment. Minor "damage" at best. Look around. Everything is fine with a few minor issues that can be addressed.

Your hyperbole is not helpful.

I have looked around. Every thing is NOT fine.

I guess it depends where you choose to look.
Your hyperbole is not helpful...

It's is hard to talk about issues as pressing as global climate with someone who has no idea of what they are talking about constantly badgering others. Climate change, and man's role in it is not in question here. That discussion ended a long time ago, and Open d's insistence on not only doubting it but belittling and insulting others that know better should be reason enough to invite him to take a vacation. Especially as it is obvious he is doing so in hopes of encouraging a response he can then further insult.

As to the point made that the amount of CO2 emitted in any one region over another, unfortunately the issue doesn't recognize political boundaries. NASA's Orbiting Carbon Observatory 2 has made incredible strides in helping us understand the distribution of CO2 planetary. They have a great graphic (video) of about a year of CO2 concentrations around the planet here..

https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/201...le-science

The problem is further aggravated by the continual disturbance of the ocean itself as described here...

https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/features/OceanCarbon

Open d's blindness may be excused elsewhere, but here in Hawaii where we are seeing the effects of climate change as graphically as we are the entire issue is settled science, let's accept that and move on.

Glinda

I suggest you consider being unconcerned with Open d's positions. They do not matter and affect nothing. Same as mine. Let Open d have his/her opinion and leave it at that.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Our major destruction is probably of endangered species and ecosystems. We are doing a pretty severe job of degrading them.

Other planetary aspects resist humans pretty well. Not much problem for them.

But they are probably irritated and will react back to us. Their queen, Mother Nature, is telling us:

"OK, you humans want to do all these things, messing up my planet. OK, I got a few responses for you morons. Let's see--a doubling of the frequency of hurricanes and their intensity. I'll add in more ice storms, dust storms, extreme rain and flood events....let's see for areas like California, fires and drought. And more earthquakes worldwide.

And you like dumping garbage in my ocean so much I'll give you more of it--sea level rise.

So keep it up. I can do this as long was you want....."