Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Water Bottling Plant in Hilo Proposed
Slow cooking always has better results. Make sense.
quote:
[i]By Jove, I think you've discovered the cause of global warming.

I discovered that 25 years ago when I was 40 years old. Natural causes!! !

Speaking Truth to Lies / Facts to Ignorance
Geochem,

"Some of you guys are starting to sound like the thought police. Open-d has stated that he has doubts about global climate change, the extent of it and its consequences. I suspect that none of you who are berating him have conducted any climate modeling yourselves, and so have elected to believe the dire consequences allegedly being forecast by these models; Open-d has elected not to, as is his right."

He's also made some specific claims about sun's influence on the Earth's climate which are untrue. Specifically, he claims that we do not understand the effects of the Earth's orbit nor the sun's output. It's a ridiculous claim and when this was pointed out his response was:

"One wrench does not a shipyard make."

When one makes a claim, or in open-d's case, several, I'm sure you'll agree that those claims should be backed up with evidence. So why hasn't he or she done that?

The point is that it is more, much more, than just the output at any single point in time. You oversimplify by quantum leaps.

You oversimplify by quantum leaps.

Do you even know what quantum leaps are? Have you ever taken one yourself? OMG I did one one time up Akaka Falls side. It's the best I have ever taken. If you weren't so quick to judge you'd be blown away too. I promise you. It's so cool you can even see it on Google's satellite view. You gotta come on over and try it. Many people on the island say it is why they will never move away.
open-d wrote:

"The point is that it is more, much more, than just the output at any single point in time. You oversimplify by quantum leaps."

Utter nonsense. I don't think you even know what quantum means. Physicists have monitored the sun's output for decades and have ruled out any changes in solar activity as a cause of the recent increases in temperature of our atmosphere and oceans, but you tell us we don't understand the earth's orbit?

Again, I'll try to pull this back to Hawaii. Solar monitoring has been going on for decades on Mauna Loa and Haleakala. Your posts suggest they have been taking data that is unreliable. Please tell us what results are unreliable and why they can't be trusted.
[quote]Originally posted by TomK

open-d wrote:

"The point is that it is more, much more, than just the output at any single point in time. You oversimplify by quantum leaps."

Utter nonsense. I don't think you even know what quantum means. Physicists have monitored the sun's output for decades and have ruled out any changes in solar activity as a cause of the recent increases in temperature of our atmosphere and oceans, but you tell us we don't understand the earth's orbit?
[/Quote}

Perhaps, exponentially would be a better term.

My point is that there are a myriad of interacting variables involved. Need many 100s of years of data from reliable sources - not a measuring station in an orchard that evolves into a major airport.

Your vision is too narrow and shallow, not to mention being driven by agenda.

My point is that there are a myriad of interacting variables involved. Need many 100s of years of data from reliable sources - not a measuring station in an orchard that evolves into a major airport.

Please elaborate. I am very curious about this "measuring station in an orchard that evolves into a major airport." This is a mystery to me. Do we really have one of those? Where is it?

So ... no bottling plant then?
quote:
Originally posted by kalakoa

So ... no bottling plant then?

I'm all for it.