Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sovereignty group storm OHA offices; 2 injured
http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2019/01/17/...-building/

HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - OHA offices on Nimitz Highway are on lockdown and police are on scene after a self-proclaimed Hawaiian sovereignty group from Kauai stormed the building Thursday afternoon.

Police have blocked off all access to the Office of Hawaiian Affairs offices, and employees have been evacuated.

Sources told Hawaii News Now that the group that stormed the building is called the Kingdom of Atooi.

They told OHA employees that they were there to seize assets and arrest trustees.

Several members of the group are still in the building, sources said.

Two OHA employees were reportedly assaulted in the incident, though the extent of their injuries is unknown.

The incident comes on the anniversary of the 1893 overthrow of the Kingdom of Hawaii.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0BpfwazhUA

Seems appropriate.
I know this is going to be offensive: 'a'ama crabs
"Hawaiians are still struggling for justice."

This is true. The screwing of the Hawaiian people continues right up to today.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
All the more reason to not go out of the way to do it to each other, although OHA does deserve criticism for their part in the mess.
The screwing of the Hawaiian people continues

Unfortunately this incident wasn’t a group of average Hawaiian people asking OHA for what they rightfully deserve, or asking OHA to do their job.

It was a power struggle. Those who call themselves the Kingdom of Atooi slapped confiscation notices on the doors and windows at OHA, claiming the offices and contents rightfully belonged to the Kingdom of Atooi. Everybody wants to be ali’i, nobody a loyal subject.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
The screwing of the Hawaiian people continues right up to today.

Yes, and much of it is done by fellow Hawaiians, particularly those at OHA/DHHL. The characters storming the office in this case did not do themselves any good, though.
Is there a list of the various Hawaiian sovereignty groups? I'm sure I can look the latest up when I'm more awake but would appreciate a summary.

Thanks.
Should we form our own, just to hedge our bets? Ours can be an inclusive, post-racial, democraticly run sovereignty group. Of course, the islands will be ruled from our new capital in Puna...
quote:

Yes, and much of it is done by fellow Hawaiians, particularly those at OHA/DHHL. The characters storming the office in this case did not do themselves any good, though.

I've been in DHHL offices. Not many Hawaiians there that I could find.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator